Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All....Newbie here..

My wife has a 2004 Civic Exec automatic with barely 22k miles. Throttle control has become very "jerky" mpg has fallen from early 40s to mid 30s all on the same run every weekday. Our local garage (not Honda) tells me that I need a new throttle control unit at around £400 !! He claims this is a common problem?? We ran a 2002 Exec auto for 40k miles and never missed a beat.
Anyone have any helpful comments?

Thanks
Tony :p

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Nothing is a common problem with Honda Civics ;)

The garage may well not be lying though. I would take it somewhere else, don't tell them what the original garage said and see what they say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
thanks for that. I have an aversion to "Main Dealers" (Stealerships) as I also run a Merc, but I think that's where I'll end up.

Tony

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I didn't necessarily mean take it to a Honda dealer. Just take it to a different garage where you can cross-reference the original solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took it to the local Honda dealer in the end!

"Computer says there is nothing wrong with your car" Yes really! Then they took it for a test drive. I had reset the trip so I knew they only went 1.2 miles and recorded 45mpg, well aren't they clever....Needless to say I won't be going back there again.
Off to a Indie next week.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts