Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I'm not going to register a personalised plate. I'll leave that up to a member of family for Christmas or something.

But I would like new plates, with forum branding of course ;)

So what about this one? Would you go for the logo on the left, would you have a border or what would you do differently?

I believe that this is legal:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
nearly fully legal, they dont like anything but a blue euro sticker on the left, indicating what country the car belongs to. but never heard of anyone being pulled for that by the police.

i prefer no border but with a black bit on the left it might look good with a black border.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, well I don't want the shitty European logo on it. I'll just have it plain. But I want the URL on it :p

My current plate has the name of some garage on the bottom I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if you have the url on it, a border looks much better as it splits the border and leaves a gap for the URL. thats what i did anyway.. other than that, mines plain.

remember you have to put a postcode on it, i just used my own.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you really think it's necessary though, the post code? Nick says the URL is illegal anyway. I wouldn't put my own, I don't want anyone knowing where I live if I over take them and they get shitty lol.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the ones that come from fancy plates/demon plates dont have the postcode on them.
when made in places such as halfords the makers postcode is on the bottom as a sign that the plate is legal.
but none of the police know that
if u have a plain looking plate with a web address underneath it looks fine.
just get a stamp with a postcode on the corner if they do moan about it. but they wont.

·
Registered
225 Posts
mine has no post code on my personalised ones i got made from fancy plates and im fine so thats nowt mate and before anyone reminds me i know mine already are illegal due to the spacing and my 3's but ive got away with it this long and my old pug gti was l33 3 pug and i didnt get pulled for that but anyway enough of that this is mine close up: with honda logo and border which i personally liked better!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take a photo of it tomorrow if I remember, but across the street a guy has c custom plate with tribal lettering. He had it when I moved here (central London) and he's still got it.

But I wouldn't want that anyway.

·
Registered
225 Posts
are you blind?? o_O they are 3's squared off o_O nowt much confusing about that!thats the whole point is that they are to look like reverse E's!!!!! :- as my name is LEE and as for not getting pulled lucky me then eh!glad you can see straight nicky.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts