Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I'm not going to register a personalised plate. I'll leave that up to a member of family for Christmas or something.

But I would like new plates, with forum branding of course ;)

So what about this one? Would you go for the logo on the left, would you have a border or what would you do differently?

I believe that this is legal:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
nearly fully legal, they dont like anything but a blue euro sticker on the left, indicating what country the car belongs to. but never heard of anyone being pulled for that by the police.

i prefer no border but with a black bit on the left it might look good with a black border.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, well I don't want the shitty European logo on it. I'll just have it plain. But I want the URL on it :p

My current plate has the name of some garage on the bottom I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you have the url on it, a border looks much better as it splits the border and leaves a gap for the URL. thats what i did anyway.. other than that, mines plain.

remember you have to put a postcode on it, i just used my own.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you really think it's necessary though, the post code? Nick says the URL is illegal anyway. I wouldn't put my own, I don't want anyone knowing where I live if I over take them and they get shitty lol.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the ones that come from fancy plates/demon plates dont have the postcode on them.
when made in places such as halfords the makers postcode is on the bottom as a sign that the plate is legal.
but none of the police know that
if u have a plain looking plate with a web address underneath it looks fine.
just get a stamp with a postcode on the corner if they do moan about it. but they wont.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's what I think too. I won't put a post code on it. I'll never get pulled over for it and if I do I'll decal the postcode on or something lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
mine has no post code on my personalised ones i got made from fancy plates and im fine so thats nowt mate and before anyone reminds me i know mine already are illegal due to the spacing and my 3's but ive got away with it this long and my old pug gti was l33 3 pug and i didnt get pulled for that but anyway enough of that this is mine close up: with honda logo and border which i personally liked better!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take a photo of it tomorrow if I remember, but across the street a guy has c custom plate with tribal lettering. He had it when I moved here (central London) and he's still got it.

But I wouldn't want that anyway.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
lee e ctr is illegal
dont know how they havent pulled u. but the recognition system would come up with L333CTR so as long as thats what the reg is meant to be u should be okay

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that's not a mirror image or anything Edd. That's what it looks like. I agree they look like reverse Es though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
are you blind?? o_O they are 3's squared off o_O nowt much confusing about that!thats the whole point is that they are to look like reverse E's!!!!! :- as my name is LEE and as for not getting pulled lucky me then eh!glad you can see straight nicky.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So after looking around at some examples I think I'll go for a JDM one :p

I'll keep it centred, but I quite like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
I don't know mate I kinda like them with the H logo and the border like on Lees but they look alright too. End of the day its up to you! lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts