Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

before the MB6 got rear ended i had a slightly blond moment in a car park

was backing out of a space on the end of one of our customers car parks and right on the end of the row was a smal concrete ball

As i backed out i started to turn to come out of the space but couldn't see the stupid concrete lump in my mirror

this happened

I didn't touch the bodywork but the tyre hit it and the car stopped abruptly to say the least.

Steering was out but got it aligned again and went on my merry way, the guy at the garage had a look and nothing was obviously broken or hanging off and said i had probably just knocked the tracking out.

Been driving it again after gettin it back and have noticed something strange that had maybe developed over time and i hadn't noticed.

Basically when driving along straight if i put power on the car pulls right. Brake or get off the loud pedal and it pulls back left.

The car all lined up ok with 4 wheel alignment after i hit the concrete ball thing and the wheels measure the same distance from the arches at corresponding points on each side all the way around so don't think i have bent anything.

My thoughts were that i had buggered up a bush which was allowing the lower arm to move slightly clockwise and anti clockwise when i power on and off obviously altering the geometry of the car and causing the lane wandering.

Any ideas guys? Am i on the right track?

Cheers

Russ

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Track Control Arm right?

gonna sound really thick now but is that the same as ARB or different?

If you could explain it to me in nice simple words with pretty pictures to help my dumb ass along that would be much appreciated lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah lower arm - yeah i know what one of those is lol

had a look at them and can't see any cracks but i guess there could be hidden damage or stretched mishaped etc.

I guess they aint hard to change? unbolt pop it out new one in?

Gotta put my new suspension on anyway so i guess thats a perfect time

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it thats for the full set of bushes not just one?

Edit:

Got a quote for full lower arm including all bushes and ball joint of 43 quid so i reckon i'll just replace the whole thing - probably easier than me trying to split the balljoint in my usual ham fisted manner. Also dots the i's and crosses the t's in case i bent the lower arm slightly. :idea:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts