Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am interested in an engine swap from my d15z6 sohc to a b series and have been lookin around some sites.
Mostly you seem to get engines and gear boxes and ecu's but what else is needed. I would be swapping from an EK to an EK so would all the wiring be the same? also differentials and axels and all that? and what about mounting points

Any help is very appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
770 Posts
i dont know much about engine swaps, but the mounts would need changing, guessing you would need the axels and hubs from the donor car, very doubtfull the wiring harness would be the same (you would need a conversion harness) you should get your tranny and dif with the engine, if not you will need them.

whats your mechanical knowledge like?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah yeah mechanical knowledge....
well my dads been a mehanic for 30 odd years now.
i've been in contact with a company (http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and they will do the b16b or b18c type r engine, gearbox, wiring loom and ECU for £2350 but need to email back for full list of omponents me thinks.
i'm guessin that if i got the wiring loom all should be ok?

·
Registered
770 Posts
well like i said earlier, i dont know much about engine swaps so im hoping if i get the ball rolling someone will jump in.

motor (B16B, B18C)
transmission
ECU
loom
drive shafts
hubs
gear linkages possibly
differentail
EK B series motor/tranny mount kit
intake manifold and sensors
exhaust maniold and lambda sensor

this is just a kind of educated guess at what i think you need, best do some serious research into it lol, before you get halfway through and realise your missing something.

where are you getting your info into how to do the swap?
what engine do you currently have in the car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i currently have a d15z6 sohc in my ek which i was happy with but course you get modding and want more! MORE!!
i can see what you mean about the engine mounts, intake and exhaust manifolds but i don't think i'll need the hubs will i?
i mean surely the driveshafts will just fit my existing hubs? He well the info i'm getting into doin the swap is basically from you at the moment. kind of assume that put running engine in my engine bay linked to all existing parts that are needed and woosh! but then things are usually more compliated.
will post some pics of my car at some point, maybe today.....

·
Registered
770 Posts
yea i imagine its a lot more complecated then just chucking a lump in lol.

the best info i can give is just read, read, read and read some more tbh.

maybe consider a bigger d-series?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah it seems kinda pontless dropping in another d series. Most they put out is 130bhp from the d15b. Nah really really want the b18c. car would fly then. gonna do fair bit of research first tho. don't wanna struggle with an engineless car do i lol.
still have no pics of my car! needs a wash at the moment anyway

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEY! I was looking around some other civic forums yesterday and found out that basically the b16b and b18c are the same engine but the b18c has a slightly longer stroke and different cams. also i've found some mounting brackets online to fit either a d or b series in my engine bay. that would make me think (as i already have a d series) that the b series would fit in fairly simply. and according to the other forums its an easy swap to do.
will keep researching tho!! car wash today i think.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am about to do the same swap as well and had a look at the website that sells the engines. Its actually seems like a good company even though they are very expensive. I have started to change some parts already. You should start by upgrading the front and rear brakes as people tend to leave this till last and realise its very hard to stop with such a powerful engine. keep us updated on you progress ! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts