Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i bought this baby for cheap as the guy smack the side up on a post, (low speed luckily). You can see the primer on the offside door, thats actully a dent.

Idea is i primer it now, get a new door and pull out the rear arch. Then when its a bit warmer il spray it all the original black colour. Boots been smoothed over, great for number plate light positioning, I think not. Im hoping to put an integra rear bumper on to use the number plate recess in that.

Everything works on it. Im happy with that just looks a bit patchy atm. Drives nice.

Any ideas what to do with it. Different paint job? Engine conversion? wide arch kit? turbo? drive conversion?
Enlighten me im new to hondas.

Cheers. Tony.

·
Registered
679 Posts
my coupes styled on the F&F 1 so couldnt really giv u any ideas...theres afew coupes on here so im sure u'l get lots of ideas off them, try having alook through the coupe thread that all the coupe owners have put pic's up in...

or you might be able to lend it to gibbs haha theres and idea for ya lol

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alz327 said:
or you might be able to lend it to gibbs haha theres and idea for ya lol
unsure what you ment. in that statement. :confused:

F&F sick. as in the black stelth with green neon? do you shoot lorry's, and steal there stuff in a really crazy way?

I definatly check out the coupe thread. cheers.

·
Registered
679 Posts
sorry gibbs in a moderator on this forum and he crashed his coupe a while back....was just being funny.

Yeah the only prob is my neons dont work anymore...as for shooting lorries and stealing there stuff in real crazy ways i havent tried not a bad idea though ay lol and as for driving underneath a lorry aswell........thats not happening there too low lol

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I see what you mean, I only saw the bottom picture in introductions.... best angle, good luck with body work, looks like your steaming in to it though :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
im after a set of rear lights like that...(standerd 1s) as ive had to put silly silver lexus lights on mine for now and i cnt stand them.....silver lexus lights on a solid black coupe looks out of place to say the least lol.... its either between standerd style or skyline style circular 1s in black, with the circle being red LED.

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its failed its mot 2 times now, and its now having a retest. Rear offside drum brake is either not hard enough for the handbrake and so i adjusted it up and now its rubbing constantly. Fingers crossed i sorted it, its so nice to drive (off public roads :rolleyes: ) just want it to pass.

It has a temp numberplate light on atm as i broke the number plate light bolts i was fitting, looks...terrible, but with the light bolts looks nice. I hate wiring.

Next thing is to respray...bit cold atm...il keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Drum handbrakes ain't usually that temperamental, discs are normally the bugger.... not that that helps you out though, good luck with the retest :D

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:D PAST!!!!!! yey!

Do the non-vtec engines have a airflow meter on, guy took all the air box off mine so i dont have any pipe.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
IAC valve regulates amount of air around the throttle plate.... having a bit of trouble with one myself at the moment :(

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get it on the road, many more problems arise. need more £££!
I manedged to get a "air box" and IAC valve on it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts