Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests really,

anyone into going to gym for the weights/cardio etc. I have been going for a bout 6 years now, but I fell away after splitting with the ex and now im back into it to get back into top shape.

Need to start getting my ass out of bed in the morning for breakfast as i keep missing it and my body is just going into starvation mode.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Unfortunately my profession allows for alot of sitting in front of a computer screen. I used to play tons of Rugby and do athletics. I'll never be fat, but I've lost all my muscle :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sit around all day aswell, Just started trying to get fit for the past 6 months don't got to gym but cycle run and go swimming its a total chore but hopefully worth it in the end.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swimming is probably one of the best all round excercises, but Im not that good a swimmer so I stay away, plus it works against the weights. Good for stripping the fat away tho

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alec said:
It works against the weights? How come?

I love swimming. Great fun.
Because the weights create fast twitch fibre tissues, but swimming being a long distance sort of event will create slow twitch.

I have to limit my cardio to 25 minutes max at a time if I want to put on muscle

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vicki said:
interesting to know, i just want to lose as much weight as poss and tone up
Long distance runners all have slow twitch and that leads to them being skinny too.

If you want to tone up you need to do weights, but most girls think they will gain muscles which is impossible because you dont have enough testostorone levels

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vicki said:
I do some weights just light ones for 10 mins after i get off the bike
lol Typical girl I can just imagine

What you eat is the most important thing none of your rabbit food diets, eating right with any exercise at all will lead to losing weight and body fat and it will stay off for ages even if you stopped

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I play LOADS of basketball, By loads i mean about 3-4 hours a day, work permitting.
For this your have to be super fit so ive put myself on a harsh cardio program, with abit of weights and im on loads of suppliment shakes etc.
Also doing a really strange workout that builds leg muscles in all the right places for jumping higher, wanna learn to dunk.
Going to work really hard at it over the summer and then try out for the newport university team in september.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You would need to be mate, my mate plays basketball too ad he is pretty fit. I take reflex protein, one every day when I get up and one before the workout then one after.

Also tried herbal fat loss tablets just to shift the last bit before the holiday and they worked well, but I really need to take them as a stack with the other ones that really burn the fat as mines just prevented any coming back on.

Gets expensive buying all this stuff tho

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
luckily, im skinny as a rake so i only have to buy weight gain. Just need to stay super toned etc though. Ah this has stressed me out again, off to youtube to watch hours and hours of 'how to slam dunk' videos.

Heres a really funny one lol.. helps loads!!

[youtube:2a0pbe2e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYpTKfPPOtY[/youtube:2a0pbe2e]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skinny said:
luckily, im skinny as a rake so i only have to buy weight gain. Just need to stay super toned etc though. Ah this has stressed me out again, off to youtube to watch hours and hours of 'how to slam dunk' videos.

Heres a really funny one lol.. helps loads!!
lol I used to want to be able to slam dunk it too I can jump pretty high but im only 6ft so I was never gonna reach it :'(

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
ah im only 6 foot, dont say that ive got my heart set on it :(

besides theres people ive seen that are like 5'9 and can u unk with ease. Its all about your muscles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
TerryCTR said:
vicki said:
I do some weights just light ones for 10 mins after i get off the bike
lol Typical girl I can just imagine

What you eat is the most important thing none of your rabbit food diets, eating right with any exercise at all will lead to losing weight and body fat and it will stay off for ages even if you stopped
I try to eat home made soup and stuff through the week then a bit more of what i want at weekends. Been taking lcartine lately seems to be helping

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Skinny said:
ah im only 6 foot, dont say that ive got my heart set on it :(

besides theres people ive seen that are like 5'9 and can u unk with ease. Its all about your muscles.
True it is mate, but you will need enormous muscles to be able to dunk lol I could always touch the rim but never quite high enough so I suppose its possible

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vicki said:
I try to eat home made soup and stuff through the week then a bit more of what i want at weekends. Been taking lcartine lately seems to be helping
The acids will help to mobilise and burn the fat, but screw that your better off eating lots of lean protein like chicken. This forces your body to burn fat.

Im just back from the gym, bench press nearly killed me you dont realise how backwards you have went until you try to do what you could before

1 - 18 of 18 Posts