Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im thinking about buying a type r and test drove 1 today thats for sale round here. It doesnt have a full service history but the guy said that the last few services have been carried out locally by a mate who works in a garage. Its only done 47000 miles and is on a 52 plate, but at low speeds whilst turning and braking there was a squeak coming from the brakes, he made out this wasnt a major problem and could easily be fixed. Its for sale for £5000 does this seem like a good price?

thanks for any advice

·
Registered
253 Posts
Has the car been idle for a while? I heard if a car is idle for a while dust gathers around the brake area causing it to make a noise, not 100% sure on that. Why not get an AA Vehicle Inspection?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its cheap because hes moving away at the end of this month he had it for sale for £6k its only because i live local and he needs the money fast he wants to sell it for £5k. Yeah might get an AA vehicle inspection, its just the fact it hasnt got full service history that was putting me off a bit or should i not worry about that too much?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Avoid mate those miles must be wrong otherwise the car would be worth nearer £7k the bloke's wanting rid of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts