Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, new on here first post, need some help asap.

I need a new Tail Light on my 2003 4 Door hatch Civic. Now... will the 2004 model lights fit this car? The newer lights look slightly different but the shape appears to be the same but I dont know how the fitting would be. My lights are slightly older and seems slightly harder to source second hand.

Also need a brake caliper...again would the slightly newer 04 style caliper fit my 03 model?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Yes, the 2004 tail light should fit the 2003 model without any problems. It's the same fitting from 2003 to 2005.

The brake caliper I'm not to sure about however.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow rapid response, cheers. Are there any examples from people on here of changing those lights etc? Might just buy the newer looking ones then. Will it affect insurance at all being different lights?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look pretty nice and are for a 5 door model? I never really checked the US site, and on Ebay UK only saw replacements for 3 Door models. So those above lights will fit flush and fully legal etc over here?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Sorry no those are only for 2 door models. I was just showing an example of the nice one you can get. Just have a browse around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers il have a look see if I can find any 5 door types, those do look good though. Does anyone know what the fitting is like on 3rd Party Lights. Do you get the same flush fitting?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
The shape will be near identical, however often the after market ones don't come with correct sealing (the rubber around the edges) and so water might leak in when it rains on tail lights.

I'd ask the seller before you buy.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you buy aftermarket ones, before you fit them, run aload of sealant around the edges and let it dry.
Also if buying from america, be sure to ask if they are able to change to amber flashing, as ive bought some before that cant and they will only flash red for indicators.

You get a ticket for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys I should be getting a pair of second hand Honda lights from a breakers. Whats the best way to go about fitting these things? Any guides available on t'interweb anywhere? Easy job?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
For the 3 door model:

It's probably possible to fit rear lights without removing the bumper, but why bother, it takes minutes to take the bumper off anyway.
First two are located under the rear bumper

Second lot are located under plastic body coloured caps at the point where the lights meet the bumper, 10mm bolts

Next are the three screws fastened into the lower rear splitter

Last screw is located in the upper wheel arch, nipping the bumper onto the bodywork

The lights themselves have 3x 8mm nuts which are easy to remove, they're accessable by removing the plastic trim in the boot. But they also have 2x 10mm nuts located behind the bumper

Hope that helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome stuff dude, mine is a 5 door but Im sure that will help out.

Sorry to act like a noob ( I just want to make sure I dont make any stupid school boy errors) but these lights will be good for my pre face lift civic?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... Track=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi all again, my sister left the lights with a garage behind my house to fit the lights, they say the casing fits ok but the bulbs don't as the internal fitting is slightly different...they have now left it...someone above mentions bending a pin. Can anyone shed some more light on this please as I want to sort this out by tommorow before noon. Or will I have to get new lights? PS just a reminder its a 5 door model. Many thanks again in advance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts