Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got myself sum of the grey tcut to tcut my car, before i go attack my car with this stuff does anybody have any tips for doing it??

im borrowing a buffer from my m8 so can i simply do the job by putting the tcut on the buffer and just rubbing it in until its all away?? are there any dangers of doing it too long and taking off too much paint?? iv heard of a guy near taking it down to the primer before but im not sure if this was an error on his behalf or maybe even a cheapy paintjob with a very thin layer of paint!

also do you wash your car after you tcut it?? or do u just leave it on like asthough you are waxing it???

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
By hand is much safer.... more effort but better in the long run, unless you have used a buffer before to mop a car!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did 3 panels today and they turned up well, rips the arm off you though lol and im not the scrawniest of people!!

gonna try get the whole car done tomorrow but i seem to be cursed at the moment, i have been off work for the last two weeks and every time i get outside and get the bucket and sponge etc all set up, the sec the sponge hits the car it goes from a lovely sunny day to pissin down!! happened 4 times now and its becoming a joke, i can think about cleanin the car but just jump in the car and go for drive instead and it will stay sunny the rest of the day :evil: :evil: :evil:

sods law i guess!! really happy with the panels i have done though, that nice smooth waxed look just reminds me of the day i got her :D

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I always do the bonnet first.... just in case I don't get round to do the rest of it, then at least you can always see the bit thats done lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
im suprised no1 has told you this but when moping a car with a buffer you should apply water to the buffer so you dont burn the paint and dont use the flat surface of the mop use the edge as this reduces the friction and heat, but i guess im too late as you have already done it lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didnt get the buffer!! just did it all by hand!!

nice job, will probably have another go over on certain areas a tiny but tomorrow as i didnt work down on a few scratches enough

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
alz327 said:
im suprised no1 has told you this but when moping a car with a buffer you should apply water to the buffer so you dont burn the paint and dont use the flat surface of the mop use the edge as this reduces the friction and heat, but i guess im too late as you have already done it lol
A decent professional air mop runs slowly and in conjunction of copious amounts of compound no probs, cheap 20 quid electric buffers with no speed control are the no no :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts