Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Manual K22 in an accord aerodeck at the local scrappy, few Q's!

any ideas on how much its roughly worth?
would i be able to hump it into my Mb3/D15z8?
Would i need gearbox too etc?
how would it affect insurance?

Real n00b when it comes to engine swaps!

Que Nicky Edd and Paul! :cool:

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
i havent got any specifics for you mate im a general advice sort of guy not a honda specific,
but anything with in reason will fit anywhere so i would say as long as you grab ecu and wiring loom and also get a wiring diagram its a project that could be done
its not going to be easy thou nothing ever is when your swapping lumps etc theres always something to upset the job
sorry i couldnt be more help.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Give Performance Tek a ring mate they'd be able to help you out up there. Gerry has done a butt load of K-Swaps

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eh trouble is its also my daily driver so... ok that helps a lil

anything on insurance and cost of engine???

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
MBK89 said:
any ideas on how much its roughly worth?
Not sure what its worth really, is it the VTEC one? Probably £1000 to £1500 depending on how good the engine is. I would want to see it running before I payed any money for it.

MBK89 said:
would i be able to hump it into my Mb3/D15z8?
You COULD, however it is going to cost you a lot of money and it will be a lot of work, as you said the car if your DD. Expect it to be off the road for a few weeks at least. It certianly isn't a whip the old one out drop the new one in job.

MBK89 said:
Would i need gearbox too etc?
You would need the gearbox yes.

MBK89 said:
how would it affect insurance?
Yes, I don't know what your paying at the moment or how old you are ETC but expect it to go up by a lot!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah alot to think about, Cheers Edd.

Only 19 and ins is 88 a month and only have a limited mechanical knowledge so maybe wait til im a lil wiser me thinks!

and it was VTec too :cry:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
MBK89 said:
yeah alot to think about, Cheers Edd.

Only 19 and ins is 88 a month and only have a limited mechanical knowledge so maybe wait til im a lil wiser me thinks!

and it was VTEC too :cry:
I don't want to piss on your bonfire or anything! But it will be a very difficult swap. You would be better off buying the whole car and doing it like that.

A B series swap would be a lot easier. Or you could boost a D (what I did) and I am just finding out just how expensive thats going to be ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts