Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I bought a 2010 Civic 1.8Si a few months back, it has 56k (2010) miles on it and as far as I know, totally standard.

I do like the car but getting a bit fed up of it 'crashing' over the increasing potholes in the UK roads.
Recently the rear has started to 'knock' when going over even small bumps so I am thinking the shock/damper is on its way out ?

With that in mind, before I take it to the local garage, are there any 'upgrades' I can ask him to make such as different shocks or dampers to help soften the ride rather than just replacing with standard ?

I appreciate having 17" Low Profile Tyres (255-45) doesn't help but if there are any mods I can make to lessen the amount of crashing it does because now there are more rattles appearing under the car this I just think are happening due to the very hard suspension ?

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
suspension

Hi
I bought a 2010 Civic 1.8Si a few months back, it has 56k (2010) miles on it and as far as I know, totally standard.

I do like the car but getting a bit fed up of it 'crashing' over the increasing potholes in the UK roads.
Recently the rear has started to 'knock' when going over even small bumps so I am thinking the shock/damper is on its way out ?

With that in mind, before I take it to the local garage, are there any 'upgrades' I can ask him to make such as different shocks or dampers to help soften the ride rather than just replacing with standard ?

I appreciate having 17" Low Profile Tyres (255-45) doesn't help but if there are any mods I can make to lessen the amount of crashing it does because now there are more rattles appearing under the car this I just think are happening due to the very hard suspension ?

thanks
just fitted all 4 with kyb kayaba shocks and springs along with blueprint drop links ...feels like new car
purchased all parts ebay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts