Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
you can buy subwoofer which are infinate baffle, which means they can be played without a box. they need to be mounted on a shelf of some sort. the drawback of this is that the rear wave will cancel the front one out so bass will be reduced. you need a subwoofer thats desighned for infinite baffle operation. if you mount a normal sub without a box then it will over-exert and hit the backplate, this will knacker the sub out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Moe said:
you can buy subwoofer which are infinate baffle, which means they can be played without a box. they need to be mounted on a shelf of some sort. the drawback of this is that the rear wave will cancel the front one out so bass will be reduced. you need a subwoofer thats desighned for infinite baffle operation. if you mount a normal sub without a box then it will over-exert and hit the backplate, this will knacker the sub out
The simple answer is yes. it will sound bad.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
mathewp80 said:
^^^^ not really mate my has a starlet and his sub sits where the spare tyre used to sit and its not boxed and it sounds cool as fook . if it is wired up correctly and fitted down securely it should be ok .
But this is then in an enclosure of sorts ,
i think thats what was meant without enclosures ported or otherwise,
or a sealed area they sound rubbish .

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
mathewp80 said:
^^^^ not really mate my has a starlet and his sub sits where the spare tyre used to sit and its not boxed and it sounds cool as fook . if it is wired up correctly and fitted down securely it should be ok .

but its using the area ur tyre used to sit in as a housing instead!!

a sub needs something for the sound waves to bounce off,

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
My mates jbl sounds mint, yet my other mates fli sounds wank.
It aint just down to the sub imo, lots of other things aswel.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Davyw22 said:
oh no you didnt dont eva say JBL On this forum eva in front of me
fli is last years vibe as it say designed by vibe so i would recomend any of them becuase VIBE RULES
fusion is very good
stay away from sony xplod sub they do what they say on the box due to it being fiber glass
kenwood are very goood sound and have a few cheep set ups out there
stay well clear of gulp jbl they sound s**t look s**t and omfg you paying for s**t!!
i have had jbl in the past and there good for the money i still have a set of 6x9s in the loft which i ran for 5 years and they are faultless and they sound good ,stick to the quality speakers , pioneer , kenwood, alpine ,infinity, audibahn , rockford fosgate, etc and also sony subs are not fiberglass there Polypropylene as are most cones on most speakers and sony are not always the best speakers but not the worst by a long way nor are jbl
so if your going to make quotes and give information please make it accurate ,
as you are misleading people into false information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts