Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I have a 2003 civic sport.
Gonna change head unit next week and put my sub and amp in.
I need to know where i run the power cable and how i get it to the battery.
Also if you could let me know where is good place to run/hide the rca cables to get the to the boot.
Thanks in advance
:D :D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
you'll only notice a difference if you are using extremely poor quality cables with very thin sheilding. If it makes life easier to run the passenger side speaker cable along with the power cable then it will be fine.

When you hook up the amp make sure before you plug the RCA's into it you turn it on with out the RCA's and make sure it turns on ok etc. If there is a bad earth it might try and use the rca's as an earth. This will blow the rca's earth tracks in the head unit and cause alternator whine.

Make sure you first attach the earth to the amp and make sure the earth point is on bare metal not paint.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
nickyboy said:
Don't forget to run a 30 amp fuse before connecting to the battery.
this does depend on equipment remember. I run a 250amp fuse under my bonnet but I am drawing a low of power.

What amp are you going to be using?
This affects the fuse size and also cable thickness

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have all the wiring and everything coz took it out of my last car. (well bought new wiring kit but same as old one)
Does any have this civic. So do they no exactly where this 'rubber bung' is to run power cable to battery.
The rest should be simple really coz you can always find places to hide the rcas but its just the power cable thts gonna be a bitch!
Thanks already guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When u say passenger footwell will it be under all the carpet then?
And again just anyone with this exact car...... any help is useful.
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok and im just looking for a rubber bung yer? The wire can go straight through it yer?
Thanks very much guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks. But still had a little look today (ran out of daylight) and i couldnt find anything.
Like i said anyone with this exact car could they help!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
i have the 6th gen civic and there is a gromit in the firewall just after where the carpet ends. I doubt honda have changed it that much and not put one there.
As nick said it should be above the carpet and in the firewall, there must be one. just keep looking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts