Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
More than likely just some dust on the pads, if its more of a scraping noise you will need to change your pads.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its just when I apply the brakes, its a screaching noise but ill take the pads of 2moro and check about the low level indicator, thanks guys

·
Registered
206 Posts
RachyP said:
mine squeel all the time....apart from when im braking....i just turn the stereo up :lol:
Likewise, mine do the exact same, an theres only 1 solution for it meantime coz im broke after buying my seats, pump up the volume !!

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
paul20v said:
nickyboy said:
be sure to grease the back of them when you put them back on
good quality pads should not need greasing they have anti squeal pads fitted to the back of them ,
the pads may also have a hard spot in them this causes a squeal when applied "worth a mention".
Totally agree, you cant go far wrong with decent OEM pads, if you buy em from a spares shop / factorers without any spec they will probably be crap.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Totally agree, you cant go far wrong with decent OEM pads, if you buy em from a spares shop / factorers without any spec they will probably be crap.
most factors pads are OE spec

and even good pads require grease, mainly to prevent ceasing

Likewise, mine do the exact same, an theres only 1 solution for it meantime coz im broke after buying my seats, pump up the volume !!
I cannot believe you would sacrifice brakes for seats! And pads for a civic hardly break the bank

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Grease is going no where near my brakes only a smear of copper slip.... maybe, I think you'll find that when brakes seize its the piston seals / pots internally that you can't get grease on and not the pads.... in my experience.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
you'll only know that by looking, can you not see the pad depth through the wheels? you look like your running seven or eight spoked rims!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They're 8 spoke rims y??? Will that make a diference??? I've just checked the pads there's loads left on them :-

1 - 20 of 30 Posts