Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know how to turn off the stop/start battery warning light? I've got a 2013 Civic (original battery) and it came on yesterday and replaced battery today at kwik fit as nothing else open due to the coronavirus pandemic! I thought it would just reset with a new battery, but it hasn't. The warning still comes on, unless you turn function off - which is fine, but annoying to know it hasn't reset.

I'm guessing it could be sensor that controls it? If that's the case, I'll no doubt have to wait to get it on diagnostic machine? I probably should've asked in the garage, but thought I'd be able to do it myself or would go off after drive and turn engine off??

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah, I seem to have a similar issue on a 2015 Civic 1.8i Sport VTEC. Last week the Stop/Start warning light came on so I recharged the battery with a smart charger and it didn't come on for the first ~ 1 mile trip today. On restart it came on again and every subsequent time. I also suspect the sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I seem to have a similar issue on a 2015 Civic 1.8i Sport VTEC. Last week the Stop/Start warning light came on so I recharged the battery with a smart charger and it didn't come on for the first ~ 1 mile trip today. On restart it came on again and every subsequent time. I also suspect the sensor.
Hi

It appears after the new battery went in, started up, drove home and then when next started it went off - makes me think mine was the battery.

Could yours be the battery as well? Pretty sure mine was the original battery, which if so - 6.5 years is decent with a stop start one. We've only owned it 3.5 and rarely engage stop start as it's never stationary long enough, as such.

Maybe worth a battery test or change it?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fully charged it with the smart charger which also optimises it and checks if it's holding charge and it all came up green - I'm struggling with the thought of a single start draining a full battery to a danger level or the alternator failing to recharge enough. The original warning was after a month of short multi stop trips once a week so that was possibly the battery now - either the starter motor is taking stupid current or it's the sensor or some sort of battery failure - without being able to plug it in to diagnostic machine I guess I'm not going to be able to tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts