Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Fitting is easy. I bought a type r-alike off ebay. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy to fit, just take the plastic off on the inside of the boot and then unscrew it. Screw the new one in and happy dayss!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
engine wise just give it a good clean, and maybe a strut brace, and maybe get some colour coded packs for wires and hoses so they catch ya eye abit. maybe a nice cold air induction kit again for looks wise but also better performance than cones. theres a few ideas for ya i gues.

whats the insurance like on them bad boys, they always temp me 2 sell mine for 1 of them

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aye cheers mate, any idea where i can get that colour coding stuff from, and how to clean that skanky manifold cover??

and also, the air box, the big bougar on the left of the main engine bit, is the top half of that supposed to come off does anyone know? im trying to do it now to have a look inside but cant make it come in half???

·
Registered
679 Posts
ebay, demon tweeks, halfords....places like that....you can get special stuff from autoglym for best use to get dirt off the engine....i would highly recomend NOT using a jet hose on the engine as they do more damage than good

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Stevie Coops said:
aye cheers mate, any idea where i can get that colour coding stuff from, and how to clean that skanky manifold cover??

and also, the air box, the big bougar on the left of the main engine bit, is the top half of that supposed to come off does anyone know? im trying to do it now to have a look inside but cant make it come in half???
The filter goes in the funny shaped bit at the back, so id imagine so yes!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah its a panel filter aint it... but what is the point in the big black thing inbetween the inlet pipe and the actual filter?? could that not be bypassed cos surely all that does is slow down the flow of air??

thanks Alz and Paul

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
alz327 said:
what product can you reccomend for cleanin the engine up paul? all i can think of is autoglym at the mo
I have used Gunk before you only have to rinse the engine lightly with water afterwards.

http://www.gunk.eu.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit:

Stevie Coops said:
yeah its a panel filter aint it... but what is the point in the big black thing inbetween the inlet pipe and the actual filter?? could that not be bypassed cos surely all that does is slow down the flow of air??

thanks Alz and Paul
thats exactly what it does ,
its to stop induction noise it acts as a silencer
so it can be removed no problem.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats exactly what it does ,
its to stop induction noise it acts as a silencer
so it can be removed no problem

ooooo beauty!!!!

thanks paul, LEGEND!

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
its just a silencer?

So take it out and extend the pipe into the filter box and youve basically got yourself a cold air feed?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like it doesnt it mate!! woop woop!!

Edit:

paul about the breather, if you look on the picture above is the pipe you are on about the one above the 'E' in vtec??

Edit:

thought i would add a recent photo i took at my dads house :)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts