Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LHD 98 model 3 door 1.4iS with an intermittent starting problem.

When I switch on the ignition, all panel lights light and when I turn the ignition switch to start, there is a "click" sound wich appears to come from the glove box area but nothing further happens. If I release the switch and then try again, the same thing happens. If I then turn the ignition totally off and on again, the car then starts normally (sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times).

The car has a brand new battery and the starter motor has been changed but the problem persists.

Car is fitted with a DERA 821 series car alarm and when the problem has occured, the alarm warning diode flashes 10 times when the car eventually starts (10 flashes is supposed to be the signal for a 2nd auxillary sensor trip - as far as I know none is fitted).

Any suggestions very welcome (so far it has always started eventually but for how long?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a faulty fuel switch stop the starter motor turning (when I try and start, there is a "click" sound as though a relay is switching but nothing from the stsrter motor)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts