Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and it had to be a problem!

Just bought my first civic and it has been running really nice until the other day when it just wouldnt turn over. Got the breakdown out and he said it was a faulty starter motor.

I need to get one but I cant work out which one will fit her - she is a 5 door 1998 1.4 civic. Are they universal or does each model has a specific one?

Looking to buy second hand as a new one will be pricey.

Are they easy to replace?

Many thanks

K

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it an automatic or standard transmission? The starters are different from auto to standard. Here in the US we have hundreds of companies that rebuild starters and alternators, and almost every auto parts store has/can get a remanufactured one. In the US we did not have a 5 door in 1998. Just the 2dr coupe (EJ8) and (EM1), the 4dr sedan(EJ7)(EJ8) and the 3dr hatch(EJ6).

·
Registered
680 Posts
The 5 door hatch in the uk which ran from 1996-00 was mb's. They shared the same chassis as the rover 400, so didnt really look like any other civic. Dont think the US are aware of these. Also the ej6 in the uk is a 1.6 coupe and the 3 door hatch was ej9 ek3 and ek4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If anyone ever needs parts from the US, let me know. I will try my best to locate any parts people need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts