Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my wife’s got a 2016 1.6 dtec tonight while driving slow there was a strange squeal from drivers side rear wheel as I accelerated it stopped if I drove slow (crawling) and pressed the brake slightly it stopped
Ive got a video clip of it but can’t seem to upload it
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Jazz Sport Auto, that I leave parked up with the handbrake off to stop the brake pads sticking to the discs. Today, I drove about 30 miles, mainly on the motorway, at 70mph or below. However, when I was back driving at 30mph or less, I could hear a rubbing sound from the back, and when I was reversing there was a horrendous squealing noise!
Has anybody experienced this before?
Does this sound like a stuck piston or a failed wheel bearing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that but at speeds over 20 it stops booked in garage for Friday he thinks brake pads down to squealer plates

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi my wife’s got a 2016 1.6 dtec tonight while driving slow there was a strange squeal from drivers side rear wheel as I accelerated it stopped if I drove slow (crawling) and pressed the brake slightly it stopped
Ive got a video clip of it but can’t seem to upload it
Any ideas ?
First thing to do is check the rear brake pads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought that but at speeds over 20 it stops booked in garage for Friday he thinks brake pads down to squealer plates
You probably have an answer from the garage by now, but sounds just like squealer plates to me too, might be worth checking the pad alignment too though if it was making the noise when not braking at all?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts