Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
funny idea but would be kool if possible.
what do you all thinik about putting a turbo on a 1.6 sport version. i know they built the engines basically for economy, but surely thers gotta be something you can do lol...how bout a turbo?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Davyw22 said:
yes it is possible but u would have to rebore piston for lower compression you would then have to upgrade big end bearing conneting rods and upgrader you fuel injectors but yer i seen it being done and that car is mental sorry no pics of it bt it is a metal car
you dont rebore pistons
you do have to upgrade a lot of internals if done properly also a remap etc
why dont you just buy a type R
because after you have told the insurance company about all your mods the insurance will be the same without the hassle of a full engine rebuild
plus are you going to uprate your brakes for the added power
i see a lot of posts with people wanting to go faster but not many with people uprating brakes
i know what i do first.
a good turbo conversion is going to cost you 4k plus .

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Davyw22 said:
well it depends becuase every time we get littl chav come to my garge say how much to fit turbo u get erm coming back with funny figures when we check the car over for erm like 150 mph and sum even say 168mph i no there a civic coupe round mine its a monster it a freind of my sister but it keeps breaking so watch out m8
it does not matter if you have 1000 bhp under your bonnet its top end will always be regulated by gearing and aerodynamics.
I HATE CHAVS there full of shit :p

·
Registered
770 Posts
who the hell cares about top end, raw acceleration is what your after. How often are you seriously going to go 150mph+?

i would be happy with a top end of 120mph if it got there bloody quick.

anyway whats the engine code for the 1.6 sport?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
clinchy said:
who the hell cares about top end, raw acceleration is what your after. How often are you seriously going to go 150mph+?

i would be happy with a top end of 120mph if it got there bloody quick.

anyway whats the engine code for the 1.6 sport?
if we are getting into this how much power can you seriously use through your front wheels and put the power down
without melting your tyres into submission .

·
Registered
770 Posts
yea i agree somewhere around 250, but im still going for balls out power on my build, 1st and possibly 2nd may become useless but it will pull like a whore on a cock in 3rd, 4th and 5th. :p

but im also going to run two differnt maps so one will be setup for street and one for strip.

·
Registered
770 Posts
im going to run S300 which allow two differnt maps to be set on it but im not sure if they are switchable in car or not, if their not what irl do is have the car tuned for max power for the strip and just turn the boost down for street.

·
Registered
770 Posts
thats what i would imagine, irl have to call my tuner and see i guess.

yea its having a full dyno tune, i have thought about trying it myself but i dont want to screw it up.

yea irl post up the dyno sheet afterwards.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts