Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my friends sport is having problems with his battery. It keeps goin flat. Its not the battery as he has replaced it with a brand new one. but if he leaves his car for a few days and comes bac to it it will be completely flat and will not start. any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I don't use my car all week and by the time I go back to use it (generally 7 days in between) it is flat. I have had it sent back to the garage and they have changed the battery and swear to me nothing is wrong but it still keeps happening....any ideas?
By the way, it is a Civic 1.8 (not the Sport version) - on a 55 plate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
short journeys can cause this, it takes 10 mins + to charge a battery, so try going a long drive now and again in your quality car! a good thrashing on the motorway should do it the world of good! (don't go faster than the legal speed limit but!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks all of you. I do love the car in every other way, but for someone who lives in London, uses public transport during the week and only short journeys at the weekend, SURELY this car has been mis-sold to me! It just isn't fit for purpose. Being constantly told by Honda that I need to drive more is ludicrous....

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you got a tracker fitted or after market alarm - usually a good cause for draining battery. What have you done to the car recently that is electrical ie add an amp to ICE ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You may well have got something there...I had the drive as you pay car insurance which involved a tracker of some sort being fitted. I no longer have this insurance as is it now defunct but the tracker still works (it bleeps when I am near speed cameras). Do you think this could be a cause? If so, I'll get Honda garage to disconnect it as it is with them at the moment. At least it's worth a try....the car is about to come out of warranty (as is my Honda Care cover) so ideally want this sorted by end of Jan. Will let you know if it works...
:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts