Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been looking through the parts sites and came across the spoon sports engine

but none of the sites have a price for it and most of the site are american :(

any1 heard of 1 in a eg civic in the uk ? and where to get it ?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i'd rather get an engine built properly. as in for the use you want it for! ie. a turbo compression ratio is different to these standard engines.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
ross, spoon engines cost £3/4000 plus shipping and fitting

·
Registered
770 Posts
i always thought it was just a stock engine thats been blue printed and lightened?

complete was of money when you can get all the work done for half the price and to your specific needs.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
NAH NAH, the engine is lighted yes, but they have got brand new bits added to them. For example, The spoon B16 has more torque through out the RPM range. Oh and the RPM range has been increased to allow it to red line at 10/11,000RPM!!!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
so whats actualy been done to it?

i could make my D rev up 10k by just using ARP 2000 rod bolts and upgrading springs and retainers.

i wouldnt make power past 8k tho, there no point in having that sort of ablity if its not going to make power up there.

i would think it would run of steam somwhere in the 9,200 area. unless you really bumped the C/R and used race fuel.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
They have power into the 10 and 11,000 rpm range

Theres a video kicking around this forum and youtube wich compares a standard type R (ek9) with a Spoon engined EK9. and you can clearly see the differnece

1 - 9 of 9 Posts