Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so as a few of you might be aware im new to the forum and to hondas in general i have only just bought my first civic and the first job on my list is to upgrade the sound system in there i already have a HU and sub from my old car (an 04 VX astra SRI) ..ive fitted the power and remote wire just need to rip out the center console to fit the RC leads tommorrow i have also taken off the passenger side door card today to try and fit my old speakers in but even after buying new honda speaker pods they are a bit to big so does anyone know what size speakers i need ..are they 6.5"? also i noticed that there is nowhere to fit component speakers (the tweeter) would you recommend just getting some "normal" speakers or has anyone got any ideas of where to fit the tweeters? to be honest with you im a bit clueless when it comes to ICE ....well actually cars in general lol so if anyone has got any advice on which speakers to buy for front and back it would be greatly apprieciated thanks very much
Adam
P.S i dont really want to pay more than about £60 per pair ...im a bit of a tight ass :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got an 05 type S mate other than that im not to sure to be honest

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would say definitely go with component speakers for front doors mate. It will give you much better sound staging and you will be able to enjoy the quality music.
And i think you must be able to find a pair of nice component speakers for about 60 quid ,maybe couple more quids ,end of the day you pay you enjoy ...
an extra tenner wont hurt will it .. lol . If your car takes 17cm speakers then there is a hell of a lot of choice ..
Trust me .

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi, i have a civic ej9, waiting on component speakers in the post. i no a few guy that have fitted the to there civics. tweeters have been put in the plastic cover on the inside for the wing mirrors.

simon

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
if your going for component speakers i would go for these mate!!
i was recommended them by the guy in my local iceman bout 6 months ago!! they are down to £50 quid now on alot of sites so i think its time to purchase them :p

take a holesaw to the inside of your door where sum wingmirror "nozzley" bits are lol, n it will look sweet and give your car a gd quality sound!!

please make sure you can do this on your car b4 u start cutting at parts! i just know this works on the older ek civics
http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/kenwood-k ... -1357.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts