Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size speakers are the front and rear in a R reg 5 door civic, vti-s. cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
they are 558mm so you need 16 cm i have the same problem any one know where to get some decent 16cm speakers or 6 inch not 6.5 as these dont fit help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to be fitting components in mine. dont get fli components i had them in another car and they were really crap

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just bought some jbl GTO607C components. they are listed as 6" but are really 6.5", they come with a 6" fitment ring so they should fit the doors. im going to fit mine this week and will update you on the fitment

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have just bought Kickers KS 62 ,75Watts RMS component speakers with external crossovers for my civic hatchback MB3, havent got round installing it thou , i shall be redoing the sound deadening on both front doors too. I will update you guys once i am done.
Has anyone tried Kickers Speakers ?? hope they are good .. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iv just got hold of some rainbow components. gona go into with sound deadened doors

·
Registered
471 Posts
i have got my doors deadened already but i was little bit lazy and couldnt be assed to get rid of all the goooey stuff used by Honda to stick that plastic on the door. But i shall redo em again at the same time when installing the new components . Maybe slap the ones on the doors in the boot floor pan. They say boot area is one of the main area of noise problem.
mind you it does make the difference deadening the doors, also consider deadening the inner panel too specially the area behind the speakers more the better.
But i think a set of low noise tyre will help as well to keep the road noise down, which can be annoying when you are doing more than 60mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts