Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my headunit works when the cars not turned on but when i turn the engine on i get mostly static, its not worth having it on its that bad, it didnt do it with my old headunit but now ive taken the standard one out and put this one it it does this :(, any ideas abotu what it can be??

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Is it only on radio that causes the static? Check the wiring at the back. Did you install the head unit? Which unit is it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the JVC KD-shx751 and is has static whether its the cd or radio, but it doesnt have any when the engine is turned off and just the ignition is on......

·
Registered
42 Posts
could that be electrical noise coming from the Engine / alternator/anything thats turned on when the ignition is on :S

I mean you could put smoothing capacitors in all the wiring for the radio, but if u dont know what im talking about dont bother.

But it does sound like electrical noise

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a similar question - when the radio is on and I put an indicator on, the clicking is amplified through the stereo. (Not when the CD is on though)

And when the heating is on, there is a slight crackling sound inside the trims at the back!

What should I check for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got this problem! My back speakers crackle a lot during playing a CD or playing the radio. For some reason when playing the CD, the volume went up and down and then turned off altogether. The crackling is also present when playing the radio and I'm sure it's only the back speakers. The CD works fine on my computer. The weird thing is that if I turn the engine off and leave the car for a while, then turn the engine back on again and start playing music, it runs fine for a while before the problem starts up again. I need help :sad:

·
Registered
332 Posts
hmmmm, i would try a engine noise supressor, it worked with my set up! i have one lying around for sale! lol (i have everything for sale it seems)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts