Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can I swap my full size spare wheel for a space saver? I wondered whether a Rover one would fit? Car in question is a '97 3 door 1.4i, trying to get more boot space and less weight.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Touch wood I've never had to use a spare ever...my current spare has a pretty new tyre on it so maybe someone might want to do a swap?!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
im assuming a space saver is just one of them really light thin spare wheels you see the odd car driving about with, tbh its illegal anyways to use a spare if its not the same size as the rest of your wheels, but if it gets ya home!!
iv had my back tyre out alot, its in atm but if i know im just gonna be doing driving to work and back for a good while i will take it out to free up some weight

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
josh897 said:
im assuming a space saver is just one of them really light thin spare wheels you see the odd car driving about with, tbh its illegal anyways to use a spare if its not the same size as the rest of your wheels, but if it gets ya home!!
iv had my back tyre out alot, its in atm but if i know im just gonna be doing driving to work and back for a good while i will take it out to free up some weight
Space savers are the thin wheels you see , they are also 100% legal they are marked temporary use only and speed limited as well ,
a lot of spare wheels on cars are different to the wheels on the car as there only a get you home provision .

·
Registered
679 Posts
yeah the recomend that your either drive home or drive to a garage on them....but hey spare tyre in a can will do lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's ok, I got fixed up up on eBay for 99p! Now the boot is flat :) Thankfully I've never had to use my spare in 20 years of driving, I don't see the point in hauling a full size one around with me when a space saver will get me to a garage to repair or replace the one that's knackered. On a long motorway journey it might be an inconveniance I guess but I'm not going to lose sleep over it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts