Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks, for those who dont/didnt know i drive a '96 coupe SR EJ8. It recently failed its M.O.T with a couple of minor things and an engine issue (major) causing loads of oil to smother pretty much everything inside the engine bay, and also the whole outer shell of my car and alloys (which were silver before the leak, but now have a nice granite look to them). Anyways with the D16Y8 being a bit old and boring (and the fact really is, I wasnt keen on putting a new cyclinder head plus more on the old scabby bottom end which has set me back almost £700 in repairs in the past), so I decided to go for a change. After a lot of searching, I got a PM from IBLOUD who managed to hook me up with what i was after. He really is a great bloke and very helpfull. He managed a crackin' job even with all thats going on right now. No words can describe how chuffed i am with the work he has put in, top guy seriously :D. Ill shut my gob now and shower you all with some piccys...

Something OLD...

The old d16y8, with oil everywhere..

and Something NEW..:D

The B16A2, what a massive difference this thing just pulls and pulls all day long, the power is awsome. Again a massive thanks to IBLOUD, really appreciate what he has done, its epic !

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supplied an fitted it was £1100, he had 2 order in a obd2a to obd1 conversion harness. He knows what hes doin like, so if any you are looking for an engine swap get in touch with him, either over on civiclife.net or at http://www.accessoryzone.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (sorry mods if im not allowed to link?). Its handy for us scottish folk as hes based over in sauchie near the kincardin bridge ! he does an oil change every 3000 miles for ya aswell, top bloke like.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had dropped the car off friday evening and he was gonna get it finished by sunday evening. But due to his wife giving birth on the saturday i got it back on the thursday. Hes done quite a lot of swaps over the years so he deffo knows what hes doing. 2-3 days to do a full swap is just insane but it is possible !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts