Honda Civic Forums banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
I like little touches and attention to the smaller things like this. Looks good mate.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Yeah definitely bud.

Ok some more painting pictures from today after work I finished the fronts, and raised the car :eek: by about 20mm so It's sat just on the tires I didn't like compromising handling for the sake of a few millimeters up front, also cut the front splash guards along the arch lip so I have a lot more clearance for the wheels now, that's me ready for Japfest only needs a wash now and tracking with 1 week to spare :D

And I've got a weapon-R race manifold on order from the US can't wait to fit that, Vtec power jumps a lot with it

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
A load of pictures from my pre japfest detail session, took me about 6-7 hours to complete it but the results where so worth it B)
here is how it went:
pre rinse with the hose (our karcher isn't powerful enough for our snow foam), wheel cleaner (bilberry) body wash (dodo juice supernatural), wheel wash, dry the full thing, glass polish, applied wheel guard and left it (chemical guys guard) body work and headlight polish by hand unfortunately for me (autoglym super resin polish, it's all I had left) bodywork wax (zymol) rain x the glass, autosol the exhaust tips and pre back box section, Think that's about it.

It's already covered in dust from todays drifting event but all I need to do now is give it a hose over on thursday night for the show :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
should be okay if you can get to them bud, will you need those extensions that the o2 sensor sits in so that you dont get codes?

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I grabbed a couple of shots yesterday night when me, Chris and Tom where over at his garage until around 12pm we planned to take his engine out of his Accord but end up wrapping and fiting my manifold instead lol we wrapped the manifold for the second time turns out 10 meters wasn't enough to finish it so I had to get another 10m there was enough spare to wrap the de cat but not enough to do the cat back section too = ( there was about 3 meters left after doing those two parts FYI and that was with the lower section double wrapped on the manifold so as a generalization I'd say 15m is enough for most full length manifolds.

you can see at the base where I had to double wrap both tubes into one, underneath that wrap I managed to wrap one of the tubes all the way to the flange, I couldn't get the other side done there was no room left between the tubing to fit the wrap so I just went over them both to get that side covered, the top was a nightmare too where the 2nd and 3rd pipes cross in front of the 1st there was hardly any room to get the wrap through, there's a little patch the size of a 50p on the back where there's no wrap just down to the way you have to take it around the 2-1 sections and lack of space, luckily for us though you don't see the manifold being on the back side of the engine bay lol

Big thanks to Chris and Tom for staying out late to get it done.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
UPDATE: I've ordered some nice parts from the US that i'm keeping under wraps for now but here is a Couple more parts i've ordered in the mean time, going to make my own CAI its cost around £85 for all the parts I could have went cheaper on the filter and rubber joints but I went for the quality, still much cheaper than a branded CAI at £150-£250 and should give some nice gains.

Apexi power filter, 3" intake pipe and bend, 3" to 2.5" reducer, 3" pipe connector, 10mm tube fittings, 10mm vaccumn hose should have been BLACK but the nugget sent me blue :huh:, rubber grommets,

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
I went to the in laws at Sudbury for the weekend and just shot over to the stadium on the Sunday 1 hour each way worked out well tbh, I saw your car but didn't get the chance to introduce myself as the car was empty lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fair enough, glad you saw it at least :D I was with a group of guys with matching green hoodies lol. Flying our local forum flag ^_^

What's the next big show for this car?

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Looking as good as ever Carl, look forward to seeing the beast again at JF2!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Car looks great and that colour is amazing.

Let us know how you get on with that filter as I have heard good results from them but never used a Apxi one before :)

241 - 259 of 259 Posts