Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bin thinking about spraying my civic white as i have always liked white cars and think they look so fresh and bright, also i neva see white civics around my area and think it would make my car stand out abit more and be abit diff.

this is wot it looks like now
[attachment=1:1aecwbni]DSCF2108.JPG[/attachment:1aecwbni]
and this is wot it could look like (just muking around on paint so not great)
[attachment=0:1aecwbni]1.JPG[/attachment:1aecwbni]

what do you reken? should i or not?
also how much on av does a complete car spray cost?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
White Civics look great IMO!

Get the wheels powdercoated in white as well and it will look wicked!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Yeah, spraying is a tricky one. As Paul says you can pay tons and get a shit job, and pay next to nothing and get a quality finish.

Are you sure you want to spray at all though? Remember they usually only spray the outside. The engine bay, under bonnet and inside of doors will be original colour unless you really do pay alot. I'd never respray a car really.

White Civics do look hot though.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm going to respray my CRX in white as it is a faded red colour atm!

Going to have a go myself (I got a compresser and all the biz) and if I do a shite job I will pay a local guy I know to do it for me :)

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
with a colour change as alec rightly says inside the doors boot bonnet etc can be an arse,
but a few people i know have actually satin blacked these parts and it actually looks good ,
for example you dont see white through the door gaps etc
just an idea which does work,

personally i would never change the colour of a car unless you are doing a full strip out ,
then you will need some proper money and the all important time factor.
if your doing a strip out top job go for it white will look good:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fair play to you edd i want to get into the spraying buiss, ive done a little bit myself i respraid the front and back splittlers my civic coz wen i got it they had stone chips and were flackin away so i had a go myself turned out quite nice but dnt think id confidant to do the hole car yet lol and i refurbished sum alloys for a mate and sprayed em white turn out pitty gd

and alec if i was guna get it done i would want the hole car inside and out dne so yer would be a big job but im bit anal about stuff like that if i was gunna get it dne it needs to be all or nothing lol othewise id be sittin in my car lookin at diff colour and under hood and would eat away at me till i dne it lol

thanks for your coments though guys many thanks

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I will more than likely leave the inside red and not bother spraying that tbh!

Its going to be build to go not to show!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wikid are you keeping the 1.6 engine or guna do a swap? i love crxs awell nearly got one insted of civic but had to get civic as always wanted one lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
chris_cowen said:
wikid are you keeping the 1.6 engine or guna do a swap? i love crxs awell nearly got one insted of civic but had to get civic as always wanted one lol
The 1.6 will be staying in there for a little bit (so i cant get it MOT'd and VIC'd) and once I have collected all the parts and got a sufficent knowledge behind me I will be dropping a H22a out of a JDM prelude in it 3:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
yer white is hot but buy a white one or do it properly nothing looks as bad as a miss match paintjob when u pop the bonnet and see another colour it just aint right

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
not if the car starts black and is sprayed orange. looked good as they got the lines where the colour met perfect. same with all the boot and door shuts.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i meant about the work being done well and it looking like it was meant to be black where it was black and orange where it was orange.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i dont really know wat id do m8, there are a lot of valid points for and against respraying it. But if you do go for it, then i reckon you should spray the wheels black, would look mean and clean :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah i kindv agree actually paul although on some cars just black look alright(deep dish pure black rims look cool me thinks). But yeah, take my comment and add pauls polished lip to the equation, will look proper cali style!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think black wheels are cool but i dnt think id buy a set, i was thinking mayb sumting similar to the lenso rss fat deep dish 5 spokes in either gun metal or white. i saw a nice white civic at jap fest with em in white look really nice. but hey be a while befor ei don anyting gota raise sum dollar lol :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts