Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having enjoyed a Honda Accord diesel for many years, I am wondering if I should now swap our Toyota Auris for a Civic for my wife to drive.

Our main concern is the view out of the rear window. Some say it can be dangerous and " you can hide a car behind that spoiler" whilst others say we can get used to it. I have also seen reports of rust appearing on older cars. Is that a real problem? Any other things we should look out for.

We need a car with good acceleration which helps when joining a local dual carriageway from our slip road. The Auris can be very slow to accelerate to match the speed of the traffic.

We were thinking of the Civic 1.8 ES.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a 1800 Black Edition petrol auto, a couple of years ago and it while it was nice to drive etc its was slow and under powered. I bought a new Civic 1.0 auto is its much quicker. Also have a 1600 diesel Civic SR in the family and its quite brisk too so that might do you better. I would avoid the 1.8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 1800 Black Edition petrol auto, a couple of years ago and it while it was nice to drive etc its was slow and under powered. I bought a new Civic 1.0 auto is its much quicker. Also have a 1600 diesel Civic SR in the family and its quite brisk too so that might do you better. I would avoid the 1.8
Many thanks for your response. I was rather hoping to avoid the diesel due to the present crack-down on them though I do prefer them for their power. Any thoughts on the rearward vision with the Civic?
Cheers,

T

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive just bought 06 plate civic,ive seen comments re the rear view but its not a problem for me,the one thing I do like is the door mirrors are bigger than most cars and that helps with all round vision.hope thi helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive just bought 06 plate civic,ive seen comments re the rear view but its not a problem for me,the one thing I do like is the door mirrors are bigger than most cars and that helps with all round vision.hope thi helps.
Thanks for this. I guess the only way is to sit in one. :)

Anyone know why ( from above) I should avoid the 1.8 petrol version?

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for this. I guess the only way is to sit in one. :)

Anyone know why ( from above) I should avoid the 1.8 petrol version?

Cheers
I just bought the 1.8 petrol one, picking up the car nxt weekend from the dealers.

Hopefully itll be a good runner, but I guess there is no guarantee - oh, actually there is - for the first year at least anyway!! whoop!

Good luck. I tried the Mk10,9&8 and settled on the 8 as I got better specs for my money since its a little older. But I still found a relatively low millage one 36K.

Kind regards
Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts