Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i currently have a golf mk4 tdi, im thinking about buying a civic coupe 1.6 the one with 160bhp, are they actually quick? compared to normal 1.6's? i had a 1.6 mk4 golf and that was quite slow that had 105bhp i think. So my question is do you think i should sell my golf for a civic and are they as quick as they sound (for 1.6)

cheers Jack

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Hey Jack.

I highly doubt I could go on any [car model name] enthusiasts forum, ask if that car is the right one for me and the answer come back no. You're asking enthusiasts of that model, after all :)

VWs are great, but yes I think you should move to a Civic. I don't think anyone else's answer will be different!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true... So are the 160bhp 1.6's quick? it terms of a 1.6, because i cant get insured on anything over 1.6 on traders insaurance ya see.. i think i probably will move to a civic i want Jap 3:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mate your gettin a 100bhp per litre!! your getting great value for money for the performance, reliabilty, and running costs wot more do you want? get one you wont regret it trust me!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jackt360 said:
Very true... So are the 160bhp 1.6's quick? it terms of a 1.6, because i cant get insured on anything over 1.6 on traders insaurance ya see.. i think i probably will move to a civic i want Jap 3:)
The 1.6 160bhp Civics VTI are a high insruance groups ( so I would check if you can get insured) The golf 1.6tdi is in a lower insruance group then the civic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can get insaured on any petrol 1.6 my tdi golf is a GT TDI 1.9 only 115bhp lots of torque but by 50mph it gets borin, and i wasnt asking about insaurance so there quick for a 1.6? that is all im askin!!! simple answer are they quick for a 1.6 or are they just as slow as other 1.6's? 55bhp should make a fair amount of difference?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good :) i think i shall buy one then, is there anything i should know when looking for one? and how much is one worth? around 1999 - 2000 ish sort of 70k or so about £3000?? too much too little? and anything that is worth getting that some have extra something nice on them to look for? one last question what is the 160bhp one called? :p cheers Jack

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
put it this way, drive it fast and there isnt another experience the vtec crossover you get!
i also get upto 40mpg with my car when driven properly but not like a grandad. if you read the road ahead properly its possible not to ever use the brakes.
i had a tank where i ragged it and got 27 and got 32 when ragged a bit. if your constantly on vtec you will notice that your grin is bigger than ever! but ur wallet suffers!

your looking for an EM1 Vti.
the hatch is called the EK4 Vti.
both have the vti engine and pretty much all the kit that honda put on the ek shape.
i've got an ek4 vti jordan which adds a bodykit, leather interior and a puchase into one of the 500 made. they are no different in equipment or power or handling, just the colour and seats are the main differences!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks stug, i had looked at a jordan but i cant afford one, how much do you think i should pay for one? the 160's are worth alot more arnt they? i was thinking around the 3k mark

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
TBH I don't think you will find another 1.6 that will be as fun! Unless you go boosting I cant think of a 1.6 that would be as fast as a Civic VTI (I'm sure there is but off the top of my head i can't (MX5 maybe?!))

Do it mate you will never look back ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Edd said:
TBH I don't think you will find another 1.6 that will be as fun! Unless you go boosting I cant think of a 1.6 that would be as fast as a Civic VTI (I'm sure there is but off the top of my head i can't (MX5 maybe?!))

Do it mate you will never look back ;)
The EK9 is faster then the VTI. :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts
ek9 0-60 in 5.7 :D:D i want one baaad

get a vti then you can pick one up for 3k. you can increase power easily with breathing and exh mods.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts