Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys when you thrash your car around in VTEC whats your favourite shift point.... i personally think if your gona vtec you got to do it properlly and shift at 8200 :D haha, this way when you upshift your still in vtec 3:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
hahaha around there m8 defo, i love it cuz wen i hit vtec the exhaust puts out a completely different and unusual sound so when i change and im still in tec i love it.(so cool wen u hit tec through a close street or somthing cuz it echoes and everbody looks round!!!!!)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ye everyone that goes into my car asks "whats that noise coming from the exhuast ?"... i also love the outside noise very catchy! -_-

·
Registered
680 Posts
Im not sure, i guess its the point when i get weird looks as most people arnt expecting my car to shift. 8-| :lol:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its great when people underestimate Hondas, You get so many people revving up 1.1s against you on the lights thinking they have a chance ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've not heard VTEC from outside :( ma stupid mate reckons VTEC kicks in whilst the car is stationary...stupid amateur lol

Admin Edit: VTEC not v-tec.

·
Registered
780 Posts
shift just before the limit (8200 incase some aren´t sure) for me, unless i´m on coombe were i either over revved or dropped here down into 2nd and saw 9k, only a couple of times tho, much to my amusement when i looked across to see either alec, edd, my brother or my mates face as were 10meters from a corner at 80mph 9k in 2nd hahaha sounds fuckin awsome tho 8-|

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah that was a bit of fun! Was doing the same in mine as well I was dead impressed the engine held togeather! Also missed 5th on the way home and caught 3rd at 120 mph nice!

·
Registered
289 Posts
i like giving 1.0 or 1.2 a chance lol just let them go ahead and watch the smile on their face get wiped just as you speed pasted!!!! makes my day alot better :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think the best was when I borrow my dads 4.2 v8 Rangie and had a 1.2 Corsa revving his engine at me at the lights with his 'bad boi' exhaust and 12 year old girlfriend. I just knocked the Rangie into neutral and give it a few revs. The v8's have that much torque the whole car sways from side to side when you rev it and the noise is amazing.

The look on the chavs face was fucking priceless! He even tried to burn me off the lights then! His POS car got burnt off by 3 tonne of scrap!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
took the box off my air filter. think i want cone filter now! its really deep before vtec then just screams!!!!

got 37mpg and did 240 miles on the tank before i ruined the other half!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts