·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting an Amp
i dont know where to start i already have a Sony head set CDX A250
I have 2 fusion 6x9's 260w 4ohm
i'm getting thinking of getting Sony speakers for the front 160w peak 60w rms
What brands should i look out for? i saw 2 Fuison amps going for 60quid 2nd hand, but i dont know alot about fuison.
I've seen a kenwood amp going for like 90 quid. I'll be getting a small sub in the near future

My question is what do i look for? i know its not all about wattage

·
Registered
351 Posts
in run fusion
its budget but but there is some quailty there
60 is agood price for two amps.i paid a 100 for 2 amps (1 sub amp 1 speaker amp) and twin 12's in a ported box and its pretty loud infact sometimes it hurts your back

the kenwood amp is the choice if you got the money

·
Registered
351 Posts
you could use that to run a sub (bridged) and a set of 6x9's but the sound quality wood be a bit tinny or to bassy its hard to get the set up right when running both of the same amp but not impossible.

the kenwood wood be a great amp for your 6x9's and and uprated door speakers with a bit of tweaking wood give you a really loud and better sound but no earth shaking bass

depends what your after
1, to be heard and felt a mile away or
2, top quality sound

i have run a 15 inch sub and 6x9's off a simailar amp and loved it and couldnt complain about the sound (*others did)
really your better off turning the sub down a little so not to drown the music in viberations

if you get a sub look into sound proofing your boot

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx i really appreciate the the help.

the first civic i had came with a system the bass was way to much though, it drowned out the music, so now i'm doing this myself i dont wanna make no mistakes.

Erm i'm mostly after quality, when i used to turn up my music on my old car, if the track was 2 bassy it would get distorted, i was thinking of getting the fusion amps and running the 6x9's through 1 and running the tweeter speakers throught the other, when i do get the sub i would run it through the same amp i would be running the 6x9s.

So if i get the kenwood now,i would bascially buy another amp for the subs?

thanx again though

·
Registered
351 Posts
the best way wood be to run that kenwood thro 4 speakers
then get a sub amp when you get your sub

but cash wise get the fusion every time best budget buy speakers and amps in my opinion thats y i got mine

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have a bit of audio equipment that I want to shift, I will post it up later on

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers twatnav, i just got the fusion amps.
With the money left over im thinking i might just get a little sub http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /6349.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cause the amp is quite small could i place it on the back shelf or would it be better to get a box for it and put it in the boot?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
835 Posts
if its a free air sub run it in the shelf if not run it in an enclosure dont forget every sub works better in a different volume box and some subs need a ported box others need a sealed enclosure be sure before u buy imo :) also diff size subs giv a diff sound 10 inch gd for punchy bass 12 a gd mix of punch and low and 15 inch deep bass monsters u really need to decide wat sixe sub u need for the tunes u listen to i run 2 x 12s cos listen to alot of hip hop but also a bit of dance so like the balance between the 2

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
me and my dad designed the box for my 10" sub perfectly. actually sounded a lot better in a larger boot too as it wasnt as restricted!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts