Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a section on this!

how to:
-brakes
-change oil
-change a wheel!!!
-safety when working on cars: not on a jack use axle stands, stuff is hot etc.
-mot time checks. tyres, wiper blades, bulbs etc.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i could write a few little articals on some things if i ever get the time!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me too! oil change is due soon so i can take pics. and tips to not get covered in shite like i had to last time with the screwdriver method on the filter.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there we go nice tip! mines in the middle so its hard to get at from below but theres enough room to get tools up there!

·
Registered
780 Posts
are they not a bit straight forward? i did an oil n filter change on mine the other day, took bot 12mins including jackin it up n fillin her back up, was tempted to use that engine flush, but didn't in the end, still not sure about them?!!?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was saying that people dont have a clue and by being an enthusiast, learn some money saving tips.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
stug45 said:
need a section on this!

how to:
-brakes
-change oil
-change a wheel!!!

If anyone writes anything out like this, it would go in the DIY section, therefore no need for a new section.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
how to:
-brakes
-change oil
-change a wheel!!!

i have a slight problem with this list and in the past have had stick for it but i dont care,
the list above is sort of ok except for a few points and deffinately number 1 , brakes if you have to ask about them you should not be fiddling with them,
do you wire your own house ..no..
do you service your own gas supply and boiler..no..
why is it you feel you have the right to mess about with your brakes and put everyone else, including your self at risk to save a little money ,
if you want to change your oil go for it , its your engine
change a wheel , well if you cant undo and do up 4-5 wheel studs put your wheel brace back in the boot,
safety , i am all for that good stuff,
mot time checks, tyres should be checked weekly not annually , wipers if you cant see change them, bulbs again weekly checks and before anyone says i cant check my brake lights reverse against a shop window (not through it)the reflection is very usefull
sorry if this came across all sh#tty it was not meant to i feel strongly about it having seen one to many novice trying to fix there own braking system :eek:
i have also put some pics up of people who only check there tyres once a year , or should i say let the mot station do that for them .

i am not saying dont have a section on this but if you really have no understanding of important items please dont attempt it.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts