Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( Note: this has been posted in other forums so apologies if you have read elsewhere. )

Hi, I took my 10th generation Civic in for it's second service today. I waited while the work was done.
When I was told that the service had been completed they presented me with a bill for £398. I then explained that I had a four year service plan and they said could I hold on as they had to redo the invoice as it had to be sent to Honda. A little later the lady came back with a new invoice, but this time it was for £310 pounds. Unfortunately she had taken the original away so I was unable to compare them and when I question the difference I was told it's just the way Honda do it.
Given they only had the car for two hours £310 seems expensive, let alone £400.
Any thoughts?
Dave.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What is supposed to be included in the Honda Service Plan? What were the itemised additional charges for?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is supposed to be included in the Honda Service Plan? What were the itemised additional charges for?
The plan covers everything to complete the scheduled service, parts and labour. There were no additional charges. They just gave me an invoice before they realised I had a service plan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A full service - pollen filter, air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, oil and plugs, flush and change of coolant, new ancillary belt - with an ECU check and system update?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A full service - pollen filter, air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, oil and plugs, flush and change of coolant, new ancillary belt - with an ECU check and system update?
The car’s only 2 years old so didn’t need all that. Plugs and coolant are a 10 year thing with most modern cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Plug
The car’s only 2 years old so didn’t need all that. Plugs and coolant are a 10 year thing with most modern cars.
Plug swap on mine recommended at 75k. OAT coolant can need replacing somewhere between 50k and 120k. 2 years old? It's feasible for a car to rack up 70k+ in that sort of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts