Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, spoken about my idea on this before and cant remember whether it was on here where i saw a guy that had done it and said it was smoking!
so if anyone knows any good turbo fitters or any info whatsoever on the situation, feel free to lend me the info :)
cheers guys
steve

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
It might help to tell people where you live - not your address, but the town/city would do, lol.

Or you could search for a local car forum and ask in there, no point in finding out a great place in Landsend if you live in Glasgow etc. ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Firstly how much money do you have? Fitting the turbo etc is fairly easy, getting it setup right and mapped properly is another matter.

I suggest you work out how much it should cost you and then double it, you will then have a realistic figure of what it is going to cost ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah fair play, i live in staffordshire.
as for how much money i got to spend...so far im on about £300. haha, saving up atm, so thats the reason i was wondering how much i should be looking at.
thanks steve

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I would say you are looking at an absolute minimum of £1500, more than likely around £2000.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alrite cheers guys..would love to finally get it finshed and leave all bodywork standard (uprated brakes however)...just for the look on peoples faces when they hear a turbo spool up on a sport haha

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
They won't here the spool up, might here the 3" exhaust, screamer tube (external wastegate only) or dump valve though.... dependant on fitment :D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Stevie Coops said:
alrite cheers guys..would love to finally get it finshed and leave all bodywork standard (uprated brakes however)...just for the look on peoples faces when they hear a turbo spool up on a sport haha
Sounds good sleepers = win.

Pretty much the same as my CRX it looks more or less standard apart from the intercooler in the front bumper lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Civit said:
They won't here the spool up, might here the 3" exhaust, screamer tube (external wastegate only) or dump valve though.... dependant on fitment :D
yeah im gonna pretedn i understand the rest of that other than dump valve :p
but sounds pretty good to me!! :D

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
There are two sorts of wastegate.... internal which is incorporated in the turbo and has an actuator which is vacuum operated to stop you over boosting, external which is spring loaded and vacuum operated to stop you over boosting.

Internal type passes excess exhaust gas in to the exhaust system, external some people use a screamer pipe to save plumbing it back in to the exhaust.... but it frightens the life out of other road users lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha. my uncles evo has anti lagg and all that lot on it...sounds bloody awesome whenn ya go thru tunnels....some moped dude almost fell off, must have thought he were being shot at haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased a greddy turbo kit for my D16 motor for £1400 including everything and a piggy-back unit. I added a custom forge intercooler, up rated fuel pump, bailey dump valve and increased the boost to 8psi, all for under £2000. It is achievable at low cost, I’ve been running 2 years with 193bhp at the flywheel.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
simon_32 said:
I purchased a greddy turbo kit for my D16 motor for £1400 including everything and a piggy-back unit. I added a custom forge intercooler, up rated fuel pump, bailey dump valve and increased the boost to 8psi, all for under £2000. It is achievable at low cost, I’ve been running 2 years with 193bhp at the flywheel.
Nice one mate, you got any pics posted anywhere :)

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Been running mine on the road for 18 months or so and about 20,000 miles so far.... has been through various transistions though :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your motor posted on the net

Edit:

I've just posted a few picture under Civic D16 Turbo at the gallery forum

1 - 17 of 17 Posts