Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have decided to cut my loss here and sell my civic coupe. I originally bought the car for £1000, it came with the Intellistart 4 alarm with remote start. Alloys, side skirts, induction kit and everything else for it.

I have fixed over 1000 in repairs which I KNOW I will never get back and I just wanna cut my losses here!

Clifford Intellistart 4 Alarm system (remote start),
16" Alloys and low profile tyres,
K & N Induction Kit (which i'm fitting this Monday...),
Side Skirts,
Black EK9 Grill,
Brand new Exhaust manifold and catalytic converter,
Sony CD Player already fitted,
BMW style side mirrors with indicators,
New Cam Belt,
New water pump,
2x New CV Joints,
New thermostat,

Not sure if I missed anything lol I want a newer and faster car (VTEC, or VTi).

How much do you guys think I can get for it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I mean £1000 is what I paid from the start, but when I first got it it had sooo many mechanical problems. I fixed almost ALL of them. So, I was thinking of trying to get 1500? What do you think?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Only problem with that is the first question anyone will ask you is what's the mileage. You may as well put it in your initial listing really.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
It's true. If you have them on the phone with you you got a much higher chance than if they're just browsing the internet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL but if I don't put mileage and it's too high for them I will be wasting my time? Ahh this car has stressed me out so much lol

Fix my car and get use out of it.. or buy a new honda? The mysterious has yet to be unrapped. 151k is a lot of mileage, the revs of my car get stuck sometimes maybe it's my IACV and also engine over heats rarely so I think my fan is not working or rad.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LMAO yeah definitely o_0 Nicky's dodgy dealings LOL So I just go to a dealer and exchange it for something better? and maybe give some money ontop?

·
Registered
680 Posts
If you go to a dealer expect rock bottom prices, and a few grand on top even a car of similar year. How long have you had the car? The only reason your selling is because it too slow?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahh I think this is too much hassle going through selling it. It's just 2 problems I need to fix, today I have an MOT so hopefully it passes!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts