Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 57 plate EX CTDi with built in satnav. Just before the warranty ran out, it started playing up, with the display saying there was a problem with the disc. I managed to get it fixed - I believe they re-mapped it - but just 3 months after the warranty has expired, it's playing up good and proper. If it starts up at all, it then decides to restart, over and over again, sometimes barely coming up with the opening screen display before doing it. On longer journeys it's like having a disco in my car and very distracting, particularly at night. Honda say that, even though it might be something caused by them (and I am convinced it is), they still won't know until they've stripped it down to check, at least an hours work. If it is then not their fault (which will be hard for me to prove otherwise), it's going to be big money.

Does anyone else know of this problem and/or does anyone know of an independent in the West Mids who might be able to help?

Cheers

·
Registered
459 Posts
what usually is is the actually unit itself plays up which means you would have to get a new one. surely the honda dealer can be bit leniant and say its only 3 months out but we still will try to help you which to be honest i have witnessed myself!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Sadly, they didn't seem too willing to be of assistance. With their labour charges, I wasn't too keen to let them look at this stage, hence the request for potential alternative solutions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 57 plate EX CTDi with built in satnav. Just before the warranty ran out, it started playing up, with the display saying there was a problem with the disc. I managed to get it fixed - I believe they re-mapped it - but just 3 months after the warranty has expired, it's playing up good and proper. If it starts up at all, it then decides to restart, over and over again, sometimes barely coming up with the opening screen display before doing it. On longer journeys it's like having a disco in my car and very distracting, particularly at night. Honda say that, even though it might be something caused by them (and I am convinced it is), they still won't know until they've stripped it down to check, at least an hours work. If it is then not their fault (which will be hard for me to prove otherwise), it's going to be big money.

Does anyone else know of this problem and/or does anyone know of an independent in the West Mids who might be able to help?

Cheers
I have a 17 plate Civic, and the Satnav system "requested an update" in 2019. I followed all instructions and loaded the update. Then on a journey not long after, requiring Satnav assistance, It instructed my to " at a convenient time do a U turn and then turn right into Albert Road, I was actually driving on the M40! Looking at the screen I was apparently in a large inner city area! Not sure where.
I took the car in to Honda to look at, they suggested that the update may have been corrupted, and so rebooted the system. I tested the system out on the way home. The next day we were due to travel some distance again and so switched the system on, It didn't know where it was!! As luck would have it I new my way to the M5, and the satnav seemed to have found itself, so we continued, we then had a series of "recalculating" ..."at the roundabout take the 3rd exit"....."recalculating!"
We now google our routes to unknown destinations and have the satnav on for amusement purposes only, it is quite humourous to see the little vehicle trundling along in a field alongside a motorway, and then twirling around various narrow streets when we are in miles of open countryside!

2 Satnav is the most

1 - 5 of 5 Posts