Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm looking at installing a Honda sat nav system into my 54 Civic and wondered what (If any) cables or wiring harnesses i will need to connect it up. If i do need cables etc anyone know where can i obtain them and rough costs?

Cheers, Greg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update for anyone trying to do what i'm in the process of doing!

The first thing you will need to buy is the Sat Nav wiring loom from Honda. It is a seperate loom that if you don't have, you will find virtually impossible to fit the sat nav (Its about £100). The kit comes with full instructions and you will need to remove the centre dashboard facias, the clocks, and the drivers footwell undertrays (to access the fusebox). Its fairly easy with the kit as the instructions are step by step, with all connectors and plugs supplied. There are 2 wires that you have to connect onto but it is all explained, with splicing connectors also supplied.

You will also need the GPS antenna if this didn't come with the Sat nav, as this is installed behind/above the clocks within the dashboard.

Once that is all fitted, you need to determine which year of Sat nav you have as the plugs may differ from the ones in your car. Mine is a newer sat nav, so i bought some hands free adaptor cables (1 for my year and one for sat nav year) and mated them together. I also had to buy an aerial plug converter as these are different in the newer models. Once all plugs are correct, the sat nav unit can be fitted similar to a normal head unit.

Good luck.
If you have any queries don't hesitate to mail me!
(This could probably be moved to the ICE section?)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
How much did this all cost? Mainly the SatNav unit itself and all the extra shit you need to fit it?

Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a unit complete with antenna and disc out of a 2008 CRV for £290. The honda fitting kit was £100 and I fitted it all myself following the instructions with the kit. Its pretty easy with them. I'm sure you could pick a slightly older unit up for less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts