Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, was wondering if any 1 knws if a S20 box will fit on a d15z6 engine????
Any sort of light will b great.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
im assuming you mean the d15z6 not d1576 engine, a s20 box is an upgrade to the long ratios to the z6 eco s40 gearbox.. the s20 is a gearbox from a 92-95 civic the s40 is
96-99.. and has no relation to the ratios of the internals

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:palm: :palm: Yeah meant the d15z6 engine, ok so it will fit, but would effect the eco mode on the engine???

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
yea it will fit.. will only affect eco mode with the slightly shorter ratio's it will climb to the 2.5k rev crossover quicker, could do 70 in 5th and keep eco on with the old s40 box, but only 55 with the 20 box

·
Registered
131 Posts
i just got my self and s20 box aswell for my d15z6, when you put it in post your findings, i did alot of research, s20 is great for acceleration how ever you will loose eco and top end speed.... is this worth loosing for shorter gears ? let me know how it goes for you :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id rather have the eco mode at top end, so i wont b putin a s20 box on, ill b huntin dwn a s40 box, Cant b do 55 on the motor way tryin to save fuel if u catch my drift :D
If u knw any1 with a s40 4 sale let me knw cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, was wondering if any 1 knws if a S20 box will fit on a d15z6 engine????
Any sort of light will b great.
I want to know which will help better in transmission on a D15z7 vtc 3stage.... s20 a000 or s40 which is short shift..cant remember the code...thanking you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts