Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Geeeezers

Im about to fit a G-reddy 4-2-1 Mani, any common problems i should bare in mind with fitting Mani's?

Looking at the manifold sensor, im thinking........."this looks like its bonded 2getha"

If any problems encountered could be mentioned that would be jolly nice :)

thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
Re: S/S Manifold gitting advice

yea your probbaly find the O2 sensor is ceased in, mine shearded when i tried getting out. i would make sure you have enough money for a new one before you trying to get it out.

and use some copper/graphite grease when re-installing it.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts

Very often when replacing manifold you need to replace the sensor too because they break so easily. Be careful when you're trying to unscrew it, and when you screw it back in use some grease to make it easier in future.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts

Hmm i better think about buying a new sensor before i do my manifold :-

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like its the same old thing then, that Lambda sensor, the damn things costs a few squid too, around £50 and thats off ebay!!
Mind you, honda would probably want about 5x as much those rip off merchants!!!

1 other thing, My cat is in the manifold, when i remove this how much louder will my exhaust be baring in mind i have a 2.5" mid section and a spoon n1 backbox??

also power, any rough figures?

·
Registered
770 Posts
well you need top remember its a simple bolt on modification, on a B i would think maybe 6-7hp and on a D 4-5hp. but im not a 100%. deffenitly wont be what the manufacture says.

well my lambda cost me £250 >:-( but it had to imported from belgium, i treid a couple of universal ones but it still kept throwing codes so i got fed up and bought a honde OEM one. i think they generaly cost £150.

and i cant help you with the cat as i still run mine.

·
Registered
770 Posts
as your D13 is carb you dont need a lambda sensor, a lambda senors montiers how much oxygen is in the exhaust gases and then compensates by changing the A/F mixture electronicly.

and as your engine isnt EFI it has no lambda.

im actualy selling my d-series DCsports 4-2-1 manifold in a couple of weeks so keep an eye on the for sale section.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is mainly for Clinchy but anyone can set me straight.

Only a thought, but i thought that on the b16 engines, honda used the best parts to extract all out maximum power whilst keeping emissions at a level, therefore the Manifold on it is almost as good as upgraded spec, whereas, on regular hondas which arent performance cars, they wacked on any old bag of crap just to do a job.

Dunno, ill get my car Rolling roaded when i fit the mani and see the power i get, my car starts with roughly 103hp, ill see what i come out with

·
Registered
770 Posts
im not particulary fimiliar witht the B series as ive never owned one, but i would say no matter how good honda say thier OEM manifold is theres always room for improvement.

correct lenth primaries, better collectors, smoother bends and curves, diameter, propper mergers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey clinchy

what about a lightened flywheel, like yours, an 8lb jobber, what will i actually gain and loose from fitting 1?

I was thinking of a single piece forged unit

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 last thing

The head bolts, what if a nut snaps?

does anyone know where i can buy the bolts and nuts from and what is required to change them?

·
Registered
770 Posts
i really enjoy mine, you dont really lose anythig tbh, all that "you lose torque" is complete crap. the engine revs quicker and more freely.

i would go lighter if i ever needed to buy a new flywheel.

you mean the manifold studs yea? you shouldnt have a problem getting the nuts off, if they are tight either soak them in plus gas or start the car up and let them warm up off the engine.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Maybe a stupid question but: Fits plus gas?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Ahhhhhh, cant say ive ver seen it before

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Slivic said:
does anyone know where i can buy the bolts and nuts from and what is required to change them?
These are just standard size, buy them from any nut and bolt shop. You'd be surprised how many of the bolt in your engine are exactly the same size. I remember I once went on a rampage through my engine bay replacing bolts with nice stainless ones :)

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Davyw22 said:
clinchy said:
as your D13 is carb you dont need a lambda sensor, a lambda senors montiers how much oxygen is in the exhaust gases and then compensates by changing the A/F mixture electronicly.

and as your engine isnt EFI it has no lambda.

im actualy selling my d-series DCsports 4-2-1 manifold in a couple of weeks so keep an eye on the for sale section.
my engine does have a lambda sensor i just did full system on wednesday cost me f all to fit cause my boss wass teaching me all the way throught about exhaust and dun dun dun to my surpris a sensor on the manifold so i heated the area around it unscrewed it and fitted to new system
carb = no oxygen sensor

1 - 20 of 21 Posts