Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been thinking of doing a b18c conversion on my civic for a while..and i'm just wondering if there is the possibility of converting to rear wheel drive while i'm at it,so that if i want to put a supercharger on it later on,i can do so without having to take out a life insurance premium.. i'm sure there would be a load of work involved with running a propshaft down the car, moving the fuel tank,etc,etc..but..theoretically,can it be done? and does anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
heard of someone doing this with a corvette engine into an ek but not a honda engine

i think it can be done but i have a feeling the engine needs to sit really far back in the bay and sidewards for it to drive the back wheels

im sure this involves alot of fabrication and alot of sore heads but yes it can be done!!

ps, the guy that did a "civette" swap had a scrapped civic hatch and a scrapped corvette lying around and managed to complete the conversion into the civic without spending a penny :surprised: :surprised: i think the fact he used both the corvette engine and drivetrain made his conversion a little easier

edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmP3au8U ... vette.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just found it there, probs not the best handling but this car was clearly designed to drive sideways :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
s2000 mate get the running gear and you'll have 240bhp it would be the easyest why
i think but will cost i've seen the engine and gearbox's go for 2000 but it would be well worth it in the end :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jdmlookeg6 said:
s2000 mate get the running gear and you'll have 240bhp it would be the easyest why
i think but will cost i've seen the engine and gearbox's go for 2000 but it would be well worth it in the end :cool:
cool..do you know anywhere that break them and fit them as well? i wouldnt mind spendin that kinda money on it..itd be worth it after all!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
probably worth your while looking around the internet emailing different honda breakers and seeing what one is cheapest for the parts you want, i was gonna do this for the b16b swap i had planned but i live in northern ireland so the extra money spent on postage, i may aswell have gone to my local breaker!!

doubt this swap has been done too many times so theres not really gonna be anybody too experienced in doing it but im sure if you have any good modifying places near by they would have contacts of a skilled mechanic happy to do it!

·
Registered
199 Posts
wow you must have BIG pockets lol i dont no any one who could do it for you over there but i would start by looking at byeing a crashed damage car and cutting out all the parts you need look for side damage car and front dont get rear :cool: if you was over here london i would take it on thought about it myself but my daughter is sitting in my pocket lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
You will probably be better off getting a flipped s2k guess i would say about £3k than you need someone to fab the mounts for you becasuse there is no aftermarket mounts that can mount a S2K engine like OEM... than you got to think about cutting the middle of the car (a tunnel) for the propshaft to go... Its going to be alot of MESSING about....

TBH with if you, if you are not doing the work it will probably cost you about £8k+ guessing

End of the day if you want rearwheel drive honda you will be better off just getting a S2K.

HOWEVER if you are serious about it, i know a few companies that can do it :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gsung said:
You will probably be better off getting a flipped s2k guess i would say about £3k than you need someone to fab the mounts for you becasuse there is no aftermarket mounts that can mount a S2K engine like OEM... than you got to think about cutting the middle of the car (a tunnel) for the propshaft to go... Its going to be alot of MESSING about....

TBH with if you, if you are not doing the work it will probably cost you about £8k+ guessing

End of the day if you want rearwheel drive honda you will be better off just getting a S2K.

HOWEVER if you are serious about it, i know a few companies that can do it :p
hmmm...sounds about right!! lol kinda knew itd be a big deal.. u mite pm me these few companies names/web addy's, so that i'll have em on record..even if i just do a b18 swap,itd be good to get a few quotes for it..cheers dude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts