Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Absolutely, looks good. As well as keeping you save if you roll, it should also improve chassis rigidity and handling.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yeah man I've heard good things about OMP alot of competition cars have used them in the past, certainly looks like a good price aswell mate. Should be good, obviously the key improvements are what Alex has mentioned

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am thinking of getting it but i know off a guy that can make me rollcage for tweice as cheap (£50)
wht should be the best way to go?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Well obviously that's up to you. If you think your guy can do good quality, then go for it. If you want high end stuff then buy the one above.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yeah its down to wether you trust the guy enough to do it ya know. It might be cheap but its up to you wether you wanna risk it being a bodge job or not ya know.

·
Registered
780 Posts
its more about what you want it for, if the guy making cheap ones makes them for a living and uses the correct steels with the correct triangulation them yes, but if he can just weld steel then no, as the cage could proove fatal in a crash situation!

the FIA and MSA are very strict on cages as they are so important, which is why they cost alot. the majority of a cage's cost is in the material and the design, not the labour which takes them only a few hours with the correct jigs.

if you want a cage for strength then get the OMP (very good reputable make) if its for looks and cost then resort to the last measure.

also don't glue the cage in as i have seen in so many cars, weld of bolt it down on all the mounting points, they can be a rite arse to fit but when your lifes at risk its worth an extra hours sweating and swearing! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, well the only problem with tht cage by OMP is tht it will no fit in the back of my car. so i was thinkin of gettin it done but should i get it done for that much r try and jget a better known company to do it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
depends on what you want it for really, omp do loads og cages, including one for yours, if not try customcages.co.uk they do as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts