Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as u might be aware I had a problem with my revs dropping when I had the car running, well I had it tuned at the garage and for a short while it was ok. I has now started again. I have been told my air flow sensor is damaged would that cause the problem. I had the battery checked out at the garage and it was fine so they do not think it is my alternator. I am running outta ideas and although it is not causing me a problem it is gettin on my nerves.
Do we think it could be the air flow sensor??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a mate of mine, he knows a bit about cars but not sure if he knows enough
why??
:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi vicki. If the problem is not entirely related to you touching something or doing something before the revs go up and down then I think it could be a bad oxygen sensor. The ecu does not pick it up all the time.

But if it only happens when you put the clutch down or you use the wipers, or you use the electric windows (if you have them lol) then it is quite common for the revs to go down but the car should not stall when doing it.

Airflow sensor could be but I doubt it!

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my earth on the rocker is fine, I checked it the other day, it happens on its own and when I am using things such as the leccy windows (i do have them). I get that the revs would drop when other things r bein used but this is extreme it drops to almost cut out but then jumps straight back up neva actually cutting out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah right. I remember a friend having this problem and he had the engine tuned and then all went ok.

When your car is at idle what does it rev at. Should be 750-850rpm. If it is lower then you may need the idle control valve adjusting (there is a screw iirc that you can turn to get it back where it should be) .

Once that is ok then when you use the electrics the revs will go down the same amount but you will not notice it as much if the car at the mo is idling at say 600rpm.

I think a good car electrician should be able to find the problem and get it sorted in no time.

However I still feel it could be to do with the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea it revs r quite low, I will adjust that and have a look, its prob cause the revs r quite low, I will have a look and let u know, cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can only comment on the throttle body of a honda civic ls 1.5. It has a screw that can be adjusted.

Viki remember to adjust it when the car has reached its optimum running temperature.

Drive the car until the revs drop and then do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My revs kept dropping under the same conditions on my EG type 1.5 vtec-e. I adjusted my idle screw last night and now its fine. Have a go with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts