Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive recently just bought a 2005 honda civic ep2 sport in black as my second car, absolutely love the car, its head and shoulders above my old car, twice as fun to drive and overall im just extremely glad i went out and bought it. However, on literally the first day I had it, i was driving it on the night and the engine suddenly cut out as i was coming up to a roundabout. I found out it was because the revs were all of a sudden dropping, the car wouldnt even idle at 1000 revs, once up to speed the car was fine but as i slowed down and dropped the clutch the revs just keep dropping and the car constantly stalled unless you kept revving it meaning i had to nurse the car by heel and toeing back. Ive replaced the sparks, the coil packs, cleaned the air filter, the IAC and made sure all the electrics were properly plugged in and none if it worked so in the end i tightened the throttle cable up which seemed to work ok but at times it still feels like it wants to stall. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be or have i fixed it with the throttle cable and just need to stop worrying?

Thanks alot, Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi mate, I literally have the same issue at the moment. If I drop the clutch the car dies and the battery and oil light come on. I literally had to drive home running reds and not stopping 😂
If it’s any help, my clutch release bearing has gone so my car is in for a while new clutch kit.
Clutch kits for Ep2 are dirt cheap and the labour cost should only be 2/3 hours. Hope this helps and I hope you get it fixed ☺

1 - 2 of 2 Posts