Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i recently replaced my dials for some homemade white ones its a 5 door 15.ls vtec1997 i had to take the needles out to put the white ones on top but now my rev counter isint working properly when i start it even if its warm it goes all the way up to 3 thousand revs its normaly sits at aroung 500 600 revs when idling but it is showing a faulty reading i dont know if theres any knack to putting the needles back but i just cant seem to get it back to normal any help would be very much appreciated as its doing my head in ive not touched my fuel gauge or temp gauge yet and hope my speedometer is working properly i dont want to take the chance with my fuel or temp gauge just incase they dont work either

cheers

jay

·
Registered
289 Posts
ummm i think there is a way to calibrate the needle..not sure how its done but im sure someone on here will know

·
Registered
351 Posts
how did u remove the needle ? some pull off some you twist off. If you have done it the wrong way it might be new clocks.
you can try winding it down to 0rpm take the needle off start the car and replace the needle in the desired place.
Idone this on a nsr250 it took awhile to get it right . you need to hear the revs. hope thats of some help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys i think my speedometer is out by about 5 to miles aswell i pulled them of with 2 teaspoons at each end its the last time i do anything like this its been a nighmare will try pick a set of clocks up at a scrappy if thats the last resort but im sure they can be fixed somehow

cheers

jay

·
Registered
351 Posts
they can be fixed but you need a lot of patience. i think you have to turn the needle to red line to remove the needle (well on a nsr) . Is there a chock missing in the back of the needle for it to slide off? (like one very small peace of pie missing)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no bit missing but i think its just a matter of trial and error and a lot of paitence i will try your suggestions m8 and hopefully get it fixed i was going to change the fuel and temp gauge but im not goin near them now lol

cheers

jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts