Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just looking to replace the rear speakers in a 98 hatch, just want to replace the old ones under the covers as they've started popping and sound shit. any suggestions would be a help. cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wouldn't say i've got one, what sort of price does for an all right set up? not much of an idea how, i'd go about fitting an amp either

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea definately run them off an amp top be honest, iv blown both my back speakers and door speakers running them just off the headunit sum how:S
get yourself a nice set of 6x9s for the back and a set of component speakers for the front! im getting these
http://www.twenga.co.uk/prices-KFC-P707-KENWOOD-Hi-Fi-speakers-158672-0

was recommended them by a local in car entertainment shop but when he offered me them for £95 i thought i would just get them off the internet instead lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
nicky, just outta curiosity, what way should i have my system properly wired up,
i will have the component speakers in the front (sub in door, tweeter by mirrors) then 6x9s on the parcelshelf and in the standard 6x9 place, just seems strange how the only ones in my car that seem to work now are the parcelshelf ones, the rest have blown!! they werent the best quality, just came with the car, but not the cheapest on the market!

·
Registered
679 Posts
im using pioneer speakers out of aston martins....absolutely no distortion what so ever (mind you from an expensive car like aston they need to be top notch) the best thing was got them for free :D my mates old man is a supply and control engineer for them so he brings home all sorts of bits and pieces..my mates mini is basicaly an aston inside the amount of things hes been able to put in lol

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
nickyboy said:
an amp in the back to power your 6x9s and the sub (sub should be in boot) and a small amp in the glove box to power the tweeters. head unit to power the front speakers.
remember he needs to use the crossover that came with the component set otherwise the tweeters will very quickly die as the amps crossover isnt good enough to stop the lower frequencys going to the tweets.
It will also sound a million times better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts