Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I think ti has arrived now, well according to DHL it has! but im still at work so meh will find out when i get back.

Now my question is: am i best to wait until my engine has cooled down to stone cold tempreture before trying to take my old mani off to replace it with the new one? or am i better off doing it while its slightly warm, pretty warm or burning hot (hopefully not!)?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its more on how likly the bolts are to sheer more than anything

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool well it didnt arrive today stupid DHL didnt know where my house was so they returned it all the way back to the sender, retards!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol if i can get to my house in my car about an inch from the floor im sure that a great big van can get up there!

Maybe not... :'(

·
Registered
240 Posts
its a pretty easy job, the only problem is getting the nuts off that attach the downpipe to the manifold, there easier to get off when the engine is hot as long as your carefull you dont burn yourself, they tend to get very rusty the other bolts should come off no problem. Have you thought about heat rapping it before you put it on its well worth doing

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i was thinking about getting some head wrap this weekend and doing it while down at the show (do you think they will be stalls down there like there was a japfest?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
TBH if you're going to heat wrap it (especially the down pipe too) I'd do it before you put it on the car.

I decided against the heat wrap in the end. Looks better without it and heard too many bad stories :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol dont care about how it looks :p look at the rest of my engine bay! you seen her down at japfest alec you know how bad it is haha

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah but it will keep the bay cooler (good) and keep the mani hotter (also good) just so long as it doesnt crack...

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Polished mani's never last looking nice and clean and shiny. No matter how good the quality. They just can't take the heat. Mine started off al stainless and pretty, now its dark purple/black.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i've turned my entire exhaust golden after coombe last week, even the tail pipe wen gold, that means i was hitting bot 300degrees out the arse end :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
i've turned my entire exhaust golden after coombe last week, even the tail pipe wen gold, that means i was hitting bot 300degrees out the arse end
Could that not be something to do with changing gear past 8k rpm? lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol i just changed my pads you should see the state of the old ones haha!

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah i think it was 20mins of vtec power, with a few 8.5k gear changes :)

take sum pix!! i mite put a new set on mine, those are a month old now so prob fucked lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts