Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, could someone give me a few pointers on getting the "facia" off where the gar stick comes through ...i have put the car into 3rd gear and pulled the bottom off with no problems its just the top part im having problems with im affraid if i pull it to uch ill stress the plastic ... i have dropped the glove box to see if there are any clips holding it on but all i can se is one clip that holds the higher section on ...i have read a few "walkthroughs" on this site and the type R site but still cant seem to figure it out thanks very much adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks very much for helping me over MSN nicky you was a great help it was getting me well stressed lol ...all sorted now though all i need to is find somewhere that sells some where that sells a harness so i can use the steering wheel controls with my alpine HU ..for some reason hardly anyone sells much honda accessories lol ..anyway thanks again mate much appreciated
Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's no problem Alec after putting the car into 3rd gear you will be able to your hand behind the gaitor and pull tha bottom of the facia off gently ...then there are 3 clps holding the facia on at the top to get to these you will need to drop the glove box and the fuse box ..if you get a torch and have a look at the back you should see 2 grey clips all you need to do is push these out from behind the facia ..you will also need to push the last one out from the fuse box side (its a bit tight and will only be abl to get one hand in) once all the clips are off you just need to unscrew the gear know and remove the facia
P.S after pulling the bottom clips off dont try to prise the top ones out else you could stress the plastic and you will end up buying a new facia (nick says they are about £40 vat)
in the morning i will get some pics of the clips you need to pop out from behind the facia so u know what you are looking for
Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is a picture of what you should be looking for when trying to get the facia off ..its not a very good pic but you should get idea like i said in my previous post there is also a clip on the drivers side just above the hazard light switch but i cant get my camera up there to get a pic of that

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts