Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's new to the forum,Got a Honda Civic 2005 1.7 Vi.

Got a problem with the remote central locking,Not working at all.central locking is working fine with the key from the door barrell. New battery fitted and tried to reprogram it accepts the code you can hear the actuator working but after that nothing at all,I dont know if its the remote transmitter of the part that receives the code is gone????

Anyone have any ideas ? I also tried to program a spare remote not brand new but unused with a new battery,did not work at all or even fire the actuaters during programme.

Totally stuck with this...

Thanks everyone

Donni.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are you sure you're following the reprogram sequence properly. I seem to recall you have to press the fob again after you hear the locks click - just a thought. Seems odd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem, didnt wanted to make a new thread. My both remotes stopped after flat battery and alternator change, now i can enter programming mode and hear lock/unlock cycle but after programming none of remotes work. Dont have a clue what could be a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
low and behold.

mine doesn't like to arm or lock the car, no problem for opening it, i have 2 fob keys and both are the same.

my car is the pre face lift type r and supposedly as the dodgy hamilton & palmer alarm, supposedly it gives up the ghost and stops fulling working usually the curcuit board from what i have read up. not to bothered at the mo until it stops disarming, ain't paying 250 quid for new at the moment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally - after very long time and searching around forums i found solution for my car, it seemed like reprogramming remote worked fine but just after that it forgets it and none of remotes work. Problem was in keyless entry module receiver - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/gKkAAOSwwE5WUz8E/$_57.JPG
Its location behind radio. Got two of them just to test, one was giving the same symptoms, you get in programming mode, can hear cycling sound but after that remotes wont work, but second one was working like it should, got my two remotes programmed and now they works fine. Took me long time of searching to figure that out and hope that will help someone else too. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally - after very long time and searching around forums i found solution for my car, it seemed like reprogramming remote worked fine but just after that it forgets it and none of remotes work. Problem was in keyless entry module receiver - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/gKkAAOSwwE5WUz8E/$_57.JPG
Its location behind radio. Got two of them just to test, one was giving the same symptoms, you get in programming mode, can hear cycling sound but after that remotes wont work, but second one was working like it should, got my two remotes programmed and now they works fine. Took me long time of searching to figure that out and hope that will help someone else too. Thanks :)
hi mate having the exact same problem, can i just buy a used receiver from ebay, and jjust remove the old receiver and insert the new receiver? is there any soldering to do, or is it just plug and play, as im too afraid to replace thinking i might mess up my ECU

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, used should be fine, just check part numbers , and its plug and play.

hi mate having the exact same problem, can i just buy a used receiver from ebay, and jjust remove the old receiver and insert the new receiver? is there any soldering to do, or is it just plug and play, as im too afraid to replace thinking i might mess up my ECU

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keyless Entry working intermittently

Hi Guys,

I need some help here. As most of you who have posted entries on this thread, I have issues with the keyless entry module of my 2001 Civic.
I went through all of the usual stuff:
- bought new key fob
- tried re-programming, blah, blah...
Thing is, now I am sure the problem is not with the fob itself, but most probably with the Keyless entry Module.The funny thing here is that it would work fine for 2-3 days and then it'll die again only to resurrect and work for another day or 2.
I am not sure what to do next, I mean, if it was not working at all, I'd probably go ahead and replace the bl**dy unit itself. Now, having in mind it's just being temperamental, is there any way of re-setting this module? Does it have its own power source or does it use the battery? What if I disconnected the battery and re-connected it say 15 min later? Would that help at all? And again, would it screw something else up on the car (but the radio memory)?

Thanks,
Petar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts